Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt weekly thread

Porkhammer

Did both weeklys in one go. For Group B took the RS200. It's actually ar really well balanced car, you can throw it in a corner and not worry about spinning out. Had fairly clean runs, just in the 3rd stage made a stupid mistake and punctured a tire. That was about midway of the stage. 

In Monte took the 07 Focus. which I just bought. No upgrades, so not very fast, but atleast it was really easy to drive :D I'm currently at the very top of mid tier :D 
2000's Monaco weekly done. I decided to use the C4 because as bad as it handles on gravel, it is the direct opposite on tarmac when setup right. I actually enjoyed this.

No major mistakes on the first 5 stages, just the odd boop here and there. You know, the normal stuff. ;) However, I so nearly went off through a wooden fence on the very final stage; knocking down logs like there was no tomorrow... but I only lost a second and a half and managed to place myself second overall at this moment in time. I shan't complain.
Your C4 setup for Monaco is indeed really nice, @Porkhammer. :)
I had a couple of major boops on the 2nd and 3rd stage, but apart from that I kept suprisingly good pace compared to the top 10 aliens. Taking the time loss into consideration I'm happy enough with a top 10% finish.
Weekly events went pretty nice, both top10 at the moment.

Wales: I chose the Lancia for Wales as it is hard to push the Peugeot with keyboard control. Had a puncture on the last stage but otherwise it went nicely; default setup.

Monte-Carlo: I didn't make any major mistakes in a weekly event for the first time I guess; Ford 2007 with default setup. Lost 20 secs on the leader over 6 stages.
Group B weekly in Wales ... I've been thinking most of the week on what car to select. Eventually I chose the Audi Quattro. I was also leaning towards the S4 or 205 and try to fight for the win, but driving as hard as rampage does... for 6 stages in a row? My limited concentration would never allow it. I'd be out by SS3 or 4. So, Quattro. There weren't any Quattro's in the top 10, so I reckoned it needed some loving anyway.

As for the driving... it was alright. I couldn't quite push it though as the Quattro is extremely awkward over jumps. I had to back off whenever things got jumpy, but besides that it was very enjoyable - and I got to listen the wonderful sound it produces as well. Clean driving without mistakes rewarded me with a 5th spot overall. I'm happy with that! :D
Tried to figure out which 70s car to take for the weekly by taking all four for a spin through Kreuzungsring Reverse. Result:
4 times 2:50.0 +/- 0.1s.  #consistent
Didn't help me much towards which car I should pick, though. Will probably have to choose based on "coolest skin", engine sound or some other arbitrary criteria.
Arghh.. Finland: Was rollin' nicely until stage 4. Hit a tree near the end of the stage, just before the 90 left. Luckly, i made it with a puncture to the finish line. Afterwards, i was cruis'n through ss5&6 with a half destroyed car. At least p2 at the moment. high speed in Finland has always its risks :D
Oooh this Germany/70s weekly was fun. Decided to pick the Fiat since its a less common presence. (Before that guy appeared at the top with it lol)

If i didn't have any of the tail happy mistakes, would jump quite a few positions up, but, hey - Being this high is nasty as is. \o/ 
Somehow was only 0.4s off the fastest time in stage 6, as of writing this. :open_mouth: 
Breezed through it, set a WR on hämelahti ( :D ) and got a puncture on paskuri but didnt lost TOO much time. Alright weekly.

We'll see if I can manage to find the enthusiasm to do the germany weekly, I just absolutely hate it.
Keep it! I've crashed out today in in 4th stage of weekly 2 and thankfully for that checkpoints I can't hotlap further - rage quit = deal with the pain. That's how it should be.
Gosh, I was 3rd, if I'd slow before that 3 long over crest rocks outside!

The Hamelahti was very nice, did #25 there with 6:15:251, video's rendering and I'll upload it for sure. If not one mistake I could go below 6:10 easily...

P.S. Instant time upload would be nice, my game crashed a few times before uploading it and caused me to get back to previous checkpoint - or give the possibility to play the replay and record it after uploading (back button <3 which was probably denied cause of engine limitations )
Yeah I like it too, if only as all others have to adhere to it.
That crash sometimes if you want to sit in replay etc is bad though, time upload really could do with being unlined from the 'moving past replay' section and just attaching to the 'stage completed' event.

Archived