Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt weekly thread

Porkhammer

Weekly 2 done. Didn't know what car I should take, I prefer the Subaru on gravel and the Mitsubishi on tarmac. Took the Mitsubishi then..

Greece:     Solid runs for me I guess, nothing spectacular and some mistakes as well - default setup.
Germany:  Frauenberg went really well (3rd fastest time ever so far), Ruschberg with some mistakes a bit less.
                 However, I could grab the temporary lead in Germany - default setup.
Finland:     Solid on Hämelathi and a horrible run on Pitkajärvi, altough being very lucky 3 times not to fully crash on SS6.
                - tried out Porkhammer setup, seems to be really nice, but I couldn't benefit due to bad driving, but thanks for it!

Overall, I am quiet happy. Since I switched to manual gearbox, I make quiet some progress in times, especially on gravel.
Could you point out where I can find Porkhammer's setup for the Mitsu R4 please? I can't seem to find it
KK78 said:
Weekly 2 done. Didn't know what car I should take, I prefer the Subaru on gravel and the Mitsubishi on tarmac. Took the Mitsubishi then..

Greece:     Solid runs for me I guess, nothing spectacular and some mistakes as well - default setup.
Germany:  Frauenberg went really well (3rd fastest time ever so far), Ruschberg with some mistakes a bit less.
                 However, I could grab the temporary lead in Germany - default setup.
Finland:     Solid on Hämelathi and a horrible run on Pitkajärvi, altough being very lucky 3 times not to fully crash on SS6.
                - tried out Porkhammer setup, seems to be really nice, but I couldn't benefit due to bad driving, but thanks for it!

Overall, I am quiet happy. Since I switched to manual gearbox, I make quiet some progress in times, especially on gravel.
Could you point out where I can find Porkhammer's setup for the Mitsu R4 please? I can't seem to find it
  Steam workshop, like all the other setups.
Group A weekly, Finland .. done. Picked the Integrale. I noticed gheed chose the Subaru, putting him at a disadvantage... I wanted to go with the same car, but I just couldn't adjust to that understeer, so yeah - picked the Integrale that fits my driving style a lot better. No real mistakes, although I did have some very close calls on SS1, 3, and 6. Happy to survive and be leading by 15 seconds with the weekly due for a reset in 5 hours.

Doubt I'll be doing the R4 weekly as I absolutely loathe those cars, but we'll see what I think after this morning's cup of coffee.

Both weekly's were an absolute disaster for me. The Group A, well, I didn't make it past the third stage. I think driving the 2010 Fiesta too much and I got used to the handling...and that 95 Subaru is like a cruise ship in comparison.

The R4 didn't go much better. Just terrible mistakes, loss of concentration and (I admit) rage driving (don't drive angry) didn't make for much of a rally. I kinda wish my times weren't posted on the internet...'cause I'm embarrassed.

Finally...I the "Special Event" in Hell (see what I did there) and yeah, I was pushed into the joker on the first corner and they spun me around. By the time I got back on track I was half a lap back on the field and rage-quit. Grrrr...next week'll be better.

80's weekly, Wales - done. I picked the M3, even though the Renault is a lot quicker... simply because I couldn't be bothered with adjusting to the R5 today. Pretty good pace; not superfast but hopefully enough for a podium.
80's weekly was pretty ok. Took the Renault 5 Turbo. That thing is still a bit weird to drive though :D 

Group B weekly: F**k Sweden and snow and snowbanks and everything. This has got to be one of the worst weeklys I've had in months
I took my not fully upgraded RS200 for that reason ;)
I don't have any not fully upgraded cars anymore :( Actually, because of this, I'm not sure anymore what to use in the Monthly. Won't matter that I gain a few seconds in Germany if I'll lose a copule of minutes in Sweden..
Since Racenet is back up, and there's some time left on the weekly events - I decided to go for the Group A one. Picked the Integrale. My pace annoyed me, was on average 8 seconds slower than my pre-reset PB's, and a spin on SS6 to rub some salt in my wounds made things worse. But I'm leading at the moment, so I guess I shan't complain.
Since Racenet is back up, and there's some time left on the weekly events - I decided to go for the Group A one. Picked the Integrale. My pace annoyed me, was on average 8 seconds slower than my pre-reset PB's, and a spin on SS6 to rub some salt in my wounds made things worse. But I'm leading at the moment, so I guess I shan't complain.
Well you sucked the fun right out of that one  1 min 4 secs  for  ***** sake.
dynt said:
Well you sucked the fun right out of that one  1 min 4 secs  for  ***** sake.
Sorry man - I'm a bit too picky about my own pace. I basically get annoyed at myself if it's not perfect. I meant no disrespect to the opposition.
did the group B RWD weekly as fancied it not very often i do events but it was fun. was going really well until 3rd course in were i did a full 360 into a tree :D so lost 15 secs there. then that kinda broke my concentration. went off twice more so there was atleast another 45s to a 1minute to add onto my time if it was a perfect run. currently top but that wont last for long.

karik134 said:
Snaky115 said:
As of writing this i am the fastest Subaru 2001 driver in the Germany weekly. :D \o/ The top speed, though, IS SO LOW ON THIS THING.
It goes 206kmh(128mph) if u set 6th gear to 0.847 and final drive to 5.266
Which is nothing in Germany, especially on the stages with those long straights.
Make final drive longer than that 5.266 and it will go faster tahn 128mph.

I know subaru 2001 will hit limiter with the setup I mentioned(6th 0.847, fd 5.266), but it happens on something like from 4 to 10 straights (for me it happened only twice on this weekly) in Germany and only for max couple seconds per straight. I think total time loss is only 2-5seconds for being on limiter with that 128mph max speed on those 4-10straights, but with lower top speed you can also brake slightly later for the corners so you might gain back some time that u lost.

Time difference between going on avarage 128mph and for example 140mph for 4 seconds is 0,37s (if I calculated that correctly).
  • 2 weeks later...
The "survival" weekly (no repairs, no car setup) - 80's. Germany, Finland, Sweden. Picked the M3. I looked forward to it a lot. However, after finishing SS4, strange things started happening. First, it refused to upload my Kakaristo stage time. Proof:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447364144437439732/127583797B80A63A3079B19F2A436C1B0823CBF4/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

After I kept trying to reupload (each attempt taking about 3 minutes!), without success - I was going to do some googling - but Firefox couldn't launch. So... I tried opening Internet Explorer. It couldn't launch. I tried to troubleshoot my internet connection, but my PC could not open the control panel? I tried to restart my PC, but it couldn't close... I had to pull the plug of my computer to restart it.

Relaunching Dirt Rally to see if it kept my stage times, I had to accept some license agreement before it even launched.

What the fuck happened?

@Hatward is there anyone I can blame for this?

Archived