Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt weekly thread

Porkhammer

Snaky115 said:
R4 Germany weekly - i proceeded to set a short term WR on Stage 1.. and then retired in the next stage due to a combination of brain farting and hand aching from pushing so hard... D: 
So when keyboarders are pushing hard, they're quite literally ... pushing hard?

:D
Snaky115 said:
R4 Germany weekly - i proceeded to set a short term WR on Stage 1.. and then retired in the next stage due to a combination of brain farting and hand aching from pushing so hard... D: 
So when keyboarders are pushing hard, they're quite literally ... pushing hard?

:D
LEAVE.                                                                    
Just finished the R4 weekly. Took the Evo and had very smooth runs (was just 5-7 seconds off first places time in almost all stages).
Almost had an accident in the first stage, where there's a blind 4 right downhill whit a square left immediately after it. The rear went light under braking and the back stepped out, but I skidded just far enough and without hitting anything, that I could just go on.
And in a later stage overshot one hairpin a little bit, so I pulled the handbrake, put it in 1st gear and lit those tires up :D Apart from that, nothing else really happened
70's weekly: first stage went well, only one spin and about 45s off first (a massive achievement for my amateur skills). 2nd stage: first fast downhill section into trees and xbox controller disconnected. Cartwheeling into trees followed by a puncture and a stuffed radiator. Retired  :/
That Stratos was fun. Way too much fun in fact. I just had a big grin and no concentration through Sweet Lamb and started off in #1000-something place. Still with a big stupid grin on my face. :D
Progressed up the standings through Germany, but had to set up the car blind in Sweden. Too much understeer and resulting snap oversteer, so limped through the final two stages.

I'm going to drive this car more often.
foppaldo said:
That Stratos was fun. Way too much fun in fact. I just had a big grin and no concentration through Sweet Lamb and started off in #1000-something place. Still with a big stupid grin on my face. :D
Progressed up the standings through Germany, but had to set up the car blind in Sweden. Too much understeer and resulting snap oversteer, so limped through the final two stages.

I'm going to drive this car more often.
After Germany, I was #80 or something, when I did the two Sweden stages, I was #117 :D 
2010's weekly done. Not too bad considering all those mistakes. Won't be too difficult to beat. Apparently Backalley the tarmac maestro is going to give it a whirl tomorrow. I'd be happy with a podium in the cars I consider myself to be worst at.
Started the Group B weekly, with a few hours left. Took an RS200. About 2 sectors before the end on the first stage had a crash, the co-driver said nothing but the car felt off and didn't turn left... So aparently, when you puncture and lose a tire, it's a big enough deal that the co-driver tells you, but when you lose the whole wheel, it's nothing noteworthy, 'tis but a flesh wound... Ok :D So yeah, limped to the finish line but my rallying mood was gone, maybe next week I guess :D 
Very happy with my Monte-Carlo weekly. It's by far my favourite track, especially uphill. I had a blast to wrestle with the stage times of the most legendary dirt rally pilot. But apparently, besides superb driving skills, there are also some skills in predicting leaderboard activities =) Got my *** kicked by the flying frenchman's insane pace. Chapeau!
Really fun 60's weekly for me.
All long dirt stages in an old Rwd car, my favourite.
Had clean quick times throughout but somehow Rhexcon beat me by 15 sec in each Finland stage. 
I thought i was going pretty good, a bit bouncy after the big jumps but i didn't think it slowed me down that much.
Anyhow, it was a fun one, holding 2nd place so far.
Now off to Sweden for more rwd action.
:)
80's weekly, Sweden - done. Picked the M3. No major mistakes, pretty decent speed all the way through. Could have gone a little bit quicker, maybe an extra 3-4 seconds per stage - but don't know whether the risks would be worth it to be honest. I can see why Headquake skipped SS6 as the visibility was close to 0 - night time + snowing = terror. I had to back off a lot there.
....I can see why Headquake skipped SS6 as the visibility was close to 0 - night time + snowing = terror. I had to back off a lot there.
I must have started not long before you. I didn't skip SS6 permanently, but as soon as i started the stage i remembered how crazy night/snow is on my brain and paused it for a break to regain my wits before running. Haha. A couple hours later i un-paused and carefully finished the stage. Had a quick spin out in there too but i've finished and am holding 2nd so far. :)
70's weekly, Sweden - done. Picked the Kadett because it is superquick with extremely little effort, I needed that because I was running on an empty belly. Normally I'd pick the Mk2 for Sweden. Anyway, some stages were good... others not so good. Particularly displeased with SS6, but happy to have done it without any spins. I also recorded this adventure. Leading thus far.
Just had a go at the special rally wales event. Sitting 55th with no damage. 3/4 through a very clean night stage and then distraction from wife leads to a crash. Goodbye headlights. Hello 3 vehicle resets from the trees. Next stage, trying way to hard to make up time. Crash, reset,  flat tyre. Aaaaaaaarrrgh!

Man this is a good game

Group B 4WD weekly, Monaco - done. Picked the S4 because I couldn't be bothered adjusting to the hypersensitive steering of the 205. This meant that I'd be at a slight disadvantage, but driving at 90% with only minor incidents puts me in the lead for the time being. I do not expect this to last.
Group B weekly: Took the Quattro, because I hadn't used it for a while and because this was on smooth tarmac. On gravel with bumps and jumps the Quattro feels kinda terrible but on a smooth road it's pretty nice. I just kept upshifting too early for some reason. And that thing's got some torque, you can do "1" turns in 3rd gear without much problem and only switch down to 2nd for hairpins. 1st gear is useless though :D 
Had one scary crash, where I was flying upside down for a bit, not knowing if I'll stay on the track or not, but it ended well and I even rolled back on my wheels :) 

Archived