Sign in to follow this  

2014 Circuit Alterations

After watching the practice sessions in Monaco yesterday I noticed a few changes to the circuit which should be included in the new F1 game. Some of the changes have been there for a couple of years now but still haven't been included in previous games. I understand these things are very small and they're very specific, but attention to detail is so important I feel, as it is in F1!

If you spot any changes to tracks then maybe members can post up what they find here. 

Monaco
When I refer to corner numbers I am referring to them as seen on this track map.

1) T1: There is now a larger inside kerb and there is also now a single bollard just before the apex of that kerb.
2) T4-T9: There is new asphalt that has been laid down and that means potentially different grip levels and the asphalt is darker.
3) T10 chicane (1st apex (left hander)): There isn't actually a kerb there but there is on the game.
4) T10 chicane (2nd apex (right hander)): There is now a yellow sausage kerb on the inside of the main red and white kerb.
5) T11 chicane: That barrier where Perez had his crash in 2011 has been moved back further (that happened in 2012) but that wasn't changed for the 2013 game.
6) T14 chicane (2nd apex (left hander)): There is no bollard on the apex of the kerb and there is now another yellow sausage kerb on the inside of the red and white kerb.
7) Pit exit: This is how much smoother on exit and it doesn't include that little left right kink any more.
8) General: This is a really small thing but as it's a street circuit it is important. Some of the paint lines on the track need to be changed as in some areas there are actually a lot but in the game there are none.

I feel Codemasters haven't got a high attention to detail when it comes to tracks especially in F1 2013. I heard they had a new art director for this years game and you can really tell. In all, the graphics of the game look better but the attention to detail has dropped a lot. 

If you've also noticed on this track, they have a lot of F1 2013 sponsor banners around the track as opposed to the real sponsors and in F1 2010 - F1 2012, they had most of the real life sponsors in the correct places apart from BetClic and Johnny Walker sponsors obviously because they're advertising gambling and alcohol and this is a 3+ game. Most of the kerbs in Monaco have the UBS logos on them and for some reason in F1 2013, they didn't put these logos on which confuses me. It seems like there is more effort to take them out.

Frustrates me as I have a high attention to detail and if I was the art director for the game, I know that I'd be taking notes on every session of a grand prix weekend to make sure that all the sponsor banners are in the right place, bollards and kerbs are correctly place and just generally every specific detail is written down 

The bollards and Kerbing varieties should be as to real life as possible.

This greatly affects the lines we can and can't take. I for one can never remember being bumped as much as the cars were over the weekend in the swimming pool chicane. Whilst nearly or even occasionally taking out the bollard.

The Digi sign with the arrows telling you someone is leaving the pits would be nice too (in Monaco)

After watching the practice sessions in Monaco yesterday I noticed a few changes to the circuit which should be included in the new F1 game. Some of the changes have been there for a couple of years now but still haven't been included in previous games. I understand these things are very small and they're very specific, but attention to detail is so important I feel, as it is in F1!

If you spot any changes to tracks then maybe members can post up what they find here. 

Monaco
When I refer to corner numbers I am referring to them as seen on this track map.

1) T1: There is now a larger inside kerb and there is also now a single bollard just before the apex of that kerb.
2) T4-T9: There is new asphalt that has been laid down and that means potentially different grip levels and the asphalt is darker.
3) T10 chicane (1st apex (left hander)): There isn't actually a kerb there but there is on the game.
4) T10 chicane (2nd apex (right hander)): There is now a yellow sausage kerb on the inside of the main red and white kerb.
5) T11 chicane: That barrier where Perez had his crash in 2011 has been moved back further (that happened in 2012) but that wasn't changed for the 2013 game.
6) T14 chicane (2nd apex (left hander)): There is no bollard on the apex of the kerb and there is now another yellow sausage kerb on the inside of the red and white kerb.
7) Pit exit: This is how much smoother on exit and it doesn't include that little left right kink any more.
8) General: This is a really small thing but as it's a street circuit it is important. Some of the paint lines on the track need to be changed as in some areas there are actually a lot but in the game there are none.
Also, I believe the Loews Hairpin (T6) is now much wider than it used to be

going into rascass there is a slight kerb in the game on the right hand side at the 90 degree point in the barrier, its not there in real life, all the others are mentioned in the original post that I can see

pigass said:

Monaco

Also, I believe the Loews Hairpin (T6) is now much wider than it used to be
not too suer about Lowes being wider looked the same size to me in that last race

There were some changes to the Montreal Circuit at the weekend for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a lot of them focus on the placement of advertisements.

Canada
When referring to corner numbers they are as seen on this track map.

1) Pit straight-T1: Fly Emirates branding along the entire length of each of the walls.
2) T2: Fly Emirates branding on the grass of the inside of the corner.
3) T2-T3: Fly Emirates branding on the inside wall instead of Shell V-Power as in F1 2013.
4) T6: UBS branding on the grass of the inside of the corner.
5) T8: New tarmac run off at T8 with a yellow sausage kerb at the end.
6) T10: No gravel any more on the run off and it's now completely tarmac.
7) T12: Very brief Pirelli branding on the inside wall
8) T14: No gravel any more on the run off and it's got a yellow sausage kerb on the exit

The main thing I want for circuit alterations is kerbs that don't ruin your race. 

I know it isn't on the calendar for 2014, but in F1 2013 Korea had large kerbs that if you touched just at the wrong angle would either make you insta-spin, or just lose loads of traction. 
Same thing with some of the kerbs on circuits like Hungary, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Singapore. I don't care if they're a bit wrong and don't match up with real life, just don't make them high/large enough or awkward enough to ruin someones race.

The main thing I want for circuit alterations is kerbs that don't ruin your race. 

I know it isn't on the calendar for 2014, but in F1 2013 Korea had large kerbs that if you touched just at the wrong angle would either make you insta-spin, or just lose loads of traction. 
Same thing with some of the kerbs on circuits like Hungary, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Singapore. I don't care if they're a bit wrong and don't match up with real life, just don't make them high/large enough or awkward enough to ruin someones race.
Don't some of these circuits have large and high sausage kerbs in real life though? To stop drivers from taking too much kerb.

yugin96 said:

Don't some of these circuits have large and high sausage kerbs in real life though? To stop drivers from taking too much kerb.
Only where advantages can be gained though I think

yugin96 said:

Some of them do, but I don't remember seeing a car ejected away from the kerb and into a wall like on the game. 
There are so many things wrong with the kerbs and the way they either launch you with no way to recover, or bounce you away as if you've just driven into a trampoline kerb. And don't even get me started on the ghosted out bollards lying in the track after someone else has hit them, you might as well drive into the wall yourself rather than hit one of those.

Few videos to show you what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oD61cMzgTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJvyvAvIsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlwFim92tJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvPn_VR_E-0