Sign in to follow this  

Classic Tracks

Apologies if this has been asked for before, but I was wondering with all of the classic cars now in the game, if some classic track could be included in F1 2021?

I'm talking GP's such as Argentina, San Marino, Turkey and Adelaide as opposed to Albert Park.

Other games out there have both modern and classic cars and tracks and I just think this would be a great addition to the game

Posted (edited)

I'm hoping that in the future that Codies acquiring the Project Cars studio (not googling it) that there will find a way to start transferring certain assets; specifically any laser scanned circuits; other built circuits like Donnington Park, Imola; and other layouts of circuits like Barcelona and Silverstone.

And then also the classic versions of Spa and Monza.

Perhaps next Gen consoles will allow universally some of these larger assets and be worth bridging differences in the games.

Edited by brsteg

It would be great to have some of those classic tracks back. That's for sure.

One thing I would like if it ever happens is to integrate those tracks in the Career mode so they are a part of the experience.

4 hours ago, Kompjutaguy said:

It would be great to have some of those classic tracks back. That's for sure.

One thing I would like if it ever happens is to integrate those tracks in the Career mode so they are a part of the experience.

Yes... Allow calendar changes with the modern circuits.

Make it a yes/no slider and allow user to pick favorite circuits to put those off limit from being subbed out.

And then on top of that have the custom calendar option that is being put in F1 2020.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I once read an article from RaceFans featuring an interview with Lee Mather. Mather said a track takes around a year's worth of man hours to build.

The article is right here if you want to have a read.

I apologize for being a killjoy, but it would be a challenge to construct a whole track in a sim-racing game.

Edited by Involved In It
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brsteg said:

Yes... Allow calendar changes with the modern circuits.

Make it a yes/no slider and allow user to pick favorite circuits to put those off limit from being subbed out.

And then on top of that have the custom calendar option that is being put in F1 2020.

I'm totally up for that. Being able to create your custom calendar with the classic circuits would be amazing.

Posted (edited)

They had the opportunity to keep tracks like Turkey, India and Nurburgring/Hockenheim in previous games, as they already had the track design work done, but decided to drop them instead. Maybe it's some way to push sales of older games to whoever want to play those specif tracks. Or they can always do the DLC way.

Unfortunately the business model of licensed annual sports games relies on holding features on purpose to try to assemble a compeling sales pitch every year (they cannot do a very strong year 1 and a weaker year 2 game).  Sometimes this means cutting things on purpose.

Edited by emori