Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advanced Setup Guide: Theory and Application for Dirt Rally

Posted this in the Steam forums (as Zeb) but thought some of you might only be hanging out here.

This guide features the Lancia Stratos and covers the advanced setup features in the game. 

If all goes well, I'll include my own technical diagrams and appendices.
Let me know what you guys think (currently bracing for more rotten tomatos). :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456484010

Really well done! Great job!

You've explained everything really well and you also use real world comparisons when explaining things. That's a big plus!

I have to say that no matter if you're a newbie or a really fast guy, this guide can still help you more or less :) Thanks for putting your time into it.

Awesome guide! Lots to take in for new and old alike :)
Thanks for this!

Posted this in the Steam forums (as Zeb) but thought some of you might only be hanging out here.

This guide features the Lancia Stratos and covers the advanced setup features in the game. 

If all goes well, I'll include my own technical diagrams and appendices.
Let me know what you guys think (currently bracing for more rotten tomatos). :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456484010
Just had a quick glance and this looks very interesting (had no time to read it though I definitely will take another look)

Even if you made it all up and none of it actually works ; ) I'm still thoroughly impressed!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. 
@ Porkhammer: At the end of the day, a lot of stages are won even with broken suspensions or punctures (and not with setups). It always seems to be you and those Scandinavians!

Thank you for taking the time to put this together. Much appreciated!

New to Dirt Rally on the PS4.

I've unlocked Advanced Setup....but can't find a menu anywhere to enter the settings. Probably obvious, but I missed it.

Appreciate the help!

New to Dirt Rally on the PS4.

I've unlocked Advanced Setup....but can't find a menu anywhere to enter the settings. Probably obvious, but I missed it.

Appreciate the help!
You simply select the setting you want to edit the advanced settings for and hit enter. Or, well.. X? Or whatever it is on PS4. :P