Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015

Yeah that was huge! There was lots of traffic there..  Also, the other Audi and a Porsche were there in the pack, they were lucky they don't have any damage at all.

If their road car service is that good, I'll be buying an Audi. Did the #8 even lose a lap? The time it took to fix that was unreal given he basically tore all 4 corners off. Stunning work fromt he Audi team.

Edit: Yes, he lost one lap. That impact was a 4 minute repair.

That 4 minute Audi repair was astonishing. Car repaired in 4 minutes even before the track was cleared. A hole left in the guard rail, they have sent heavy machines and men to repair it. The Audi is already back on track waiting for the repairs to finish.

PS it was nice to see David Coulthard at the grid start to cheer on his fellow F1 mates.

I have only missed 4 hours so far, so 20 out of 24 hours isn't bad B) Really enjoying it.

All I've really missed is whatever's happened while I was sleeping. Otherwise even when gaming with @Hughesy last night I had my laptop just off to the side so I could watch and game :) 

Looking good for Porsche. It's difficult to say whether I'd rather see the Hulk or Webber win a Le Mans, but at the moment the number 19 is cruising along nicely. Not wanting to put the curse of codemasters forum on it :L

Ah, just out of bed to the updates. Such a shame the race is essentially over thanks to some reliability issues for Audi. It's not over yet of course but I don't see 2 Porsches having big problems in the closing stages, not with that kind of lead.

Britpoint said:
Ah, just out of bed to the updates. Such a shame the race is essentially over thanks to some reliability issues for Audi. It's not over yet of course but I don't see 2 Porsches having big problems in the closing stages, not with that kind of lead.
Waiting for both the engines to blow now you've said that :joy: 

I'm at work so I'm missing the end of the race!

I wanted Audi to win, I always support them, but I'd love to see Hulkenberg or Webber win also being from F1.

I'm at work so I'm missing the end of the race!

I wanted Audi to win, I always support them, but I'd love to see Hulkenberg or Webber win also being from F1.
I wanted Audi to win too, but seeing as it's Hulkenberg's Porsche leading I'm ok with that ;) They've put him in the car for the last hour and a half.

fIsince08 said:
GET IN NICO!!!!
Back to lower mid field next weekend :(
Goes to show why he's so highly rated in F1 though. "Yeah, I'll just show up for my first Le Mans and win it. Whatever."

Britpoint said:
fIsince08 said:
GET IN NICO!!!!
Back to lower mid field next weekend :(
Goes to show why he's so highly rated in F1 though. "Yeah, I'll just show up for my first Le Mans and win it. Whatever."
He really deserves a top seat in F1, personally I think he's a better driver than Rosberg.

I'd like to think this will get him back on the radar of the top teams in F1, but it probably won't. When Raikkonen leaves, I'd take him at Ferrari over Bottas. 

But whatever, he's just won the Le Mans 24 hours. The tag of "wasted talent" can go out the window now. 

Alonso was supposed to be in the same car as Hulk but McLaren wouldn't let him drive. 

That would have been a massive story if he was with Hulkenberg and they won.

It's such a shame the 24H doesn't get more media coverage in the UK. Hardly any mention of it in the papers or anything.

The LMP1 battle cooled off in the last few hours, but that was still a good race (and I'm still gutted I didn't go this year!). Good win from Porsche, but when you look at the margin there wasn't that much in it between them and Audi. Disappointing performance from Toyota and even more so from Nissan. Hopefully another year and that car will be properly finished and competitive.