Jump to content Jump to content

Do Girls Play DiRT Rally?

Rygar86

My little sister has spent countless hours in Forza 4 and 5... and the majority of them on track. She's more of a circuit racing girl than a rallying type, though.
If she was my sister I would be proud of her! How old is she?

Maybe give her a go on Dirt and see what she thinks?
Rygar86 said:
My little sister has spent countless hours in Forza 4 and 5... and the majority of them on track. She's more of a circuit racing girl than a rallying type, though.

Eleven years going twelve. The most rally experience she has is in DIRT 2, and even though she enjoyed that, it didn't last for either of us. She races with all assists except auto-clutch off in Forza now. :D She absolutely roflstomps her friends whenever they come over for a race. :p
Rygar86 said:

Eleven years going twelve. The most rally experience she has is in DIRT 2, and even though she enjoyed that, it didn't last for either of us. She races with all assists except auto-clutch off in Forza now. :D She absolutely roflstomps her friends whenever they come over for a race. :p
Sounds like she is developing some serious racing chops! Starting young she will most likely have a life long love of driving. I think that is cool :)

What was wrong with dirt 2?
Rygar86 said:
Sounds like she is developing some serious racing chops! Starting young she will most likely have a life long love of driving. I think that is cool :)

What was wrong with dirt 2?
Absolutely nothing wrong with it, we picked up the game pretty late in its life cycle so Forza 4 kind of stole our spotlight once it was released.
Thanks I really enjoy being accepted into a new forum so nicely. I JUST bought it like 2 minutes ago. so i'm excited to get started and see if i can hang. its gonna take awhile to install so for now, more GRID fun. Tell you what i JUST made a new youtube account for Drift/Rally Shenanigans. The link to witch is....welllll Here -------------> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpKJdGkwyi7ZSDNMrXmGaGw . So subscribe if you like. its sorta bare ATM im transfering everthing over as we speak!
Don't give up quickly, if you like rally, this is in my opinion the best one out there, Dirt Rally is unforgiving, you can't use flashback your car like in Dirt 2 and 3, practice makes perfect, hope you enjoy, and welcome to the rally department! :smile: 
I've been around, playing online since Grid 1 launched (plus for 10-15 years before that in SP against the PC/consoles of the time).

In those years online, I've been lucky to meet some incredibly talented female players, including SnowWhite (Who sadly I haven't seen about for a while) and -Ultra-Barbie who were both great assists on drifters. I met both while I was on a mission to get more people into drifting.

A small group of us had many, MANY Grid 1 tandem drifting sessions (Myself, Zappac, Avail and others), We figured the more people got really good at drifting, the more fun we'd have, so we would join a drift session with moderate-good drifters in it, we would scream around the tracks, getting ludicrous scores, pulling 360's mid combo, shadowing people in formation.

Many times we were accused of cheating to which the reply would be "Sit out a round and spectate on one of us, See, what we do and how we do it, once you see WHAT'S possible we can help you learn to do the same, you only need to ask for help :)"

Then off we would go showing them what WAS possible, then invite them to training sessions where we would try and assist people to find ways to improve their drifting skills, things like:
How to increase scores by maintaining the combo for the whole race,
Gudance on the differences when moving from "Assist on" to full bore Assists off drifting,
Sliding between lamposts and fences because there was a narrow gap that you MIGHT just get through sideways in a cloud of tyresmoke..

Ahhh those were Halcyon days....... 5-6 cars on track within feet of each other sliding in formation,,,, Not seen the like of it since.... Sadly. 

Might have to fire that old horse up again for a giggle as, nothing since has put such a smile on my face as tandem drifting with some other lunatics did.... 

Barbie now has over 1700 hours in Grid 1 and STILL going scares the bejesus outta me on occaision :dizzy: 
See for yourselves..... This is a vid made by Barbie recently

https://youtu.be/eipd72jWrOs

Here's a couple of her Steam Grid 1 screenshots
1st one she's discussing teaching the other players :)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/559844831519975805/BCC29258F914C4F82E4C60C7F92F4999FAEE780B/

ED7E8957C60C8AEF79A7827849AB2E257BCB1979 1366768

Better yet unlike, myself and most of us other armchair racers she went on to take her skills to the track for real in her drift car....

https://youtu.be/hajG31VC8g0

Been on at her about Dirt Rally and she tells me it's on her "to buy list" so watch this space.........

As for the issue on women in gaming??? it should not even an "ISSUE!" IMHO. Time to end all this "Gender", "Race", "Creed", "Belief" related inequality and divisiveness rubbish. We're all Human ain't we?

We SHOULD have these (and more) options, if it's possible to add such features, it should be done....
Also, Thanks for the introduction RAS

I was reading this topic till i came to Mike`s posting and was ready to quote it after i read the whole topic, but u already here, welcome , and wanted to type that i dont care if its a man or a woman or a dogg, that is awesome driving/drifting and great to watch.

Hope u enyoy Dirt Rally and post vids ( i like to watch vids if iam taking a smoke break XD) and really bigg applausse from me for u for ur driving skills, wish i become so good to one day lol. greetz from Holland.

ps Porkhammer i enyoy ur great vids to and fabilious driving skill, applausse from me to u to :P

053 said:
ps Porkhammer i enyoy ur great vids to and fabilious driving skill, applausse from me to u to :P
Thanks! I'm glad you like the vids. :)

Rygar86 said:
Also, I am wondering if I can send a steam friend invite to you? My steam name is Shades. It will be great if I can see your times when I race!
Sure you can add me. I tried to find you but there's like 50 million different kinds of shades, so I'll pass on that. :P Finding me is easy. Type my in-game name, and pick the one with the Space Ghost picture. Woop.

Rygar86 said:
Also, I am wondering if I can send a steam friend invite to you? My steam name is Shades. It will be great if I can see your times when I race!
Sure you can add me. I tried to find you but there's like 50 million different kinds of shades, so I'll pass on that. :P Finding me is easy. Type my in-game name, and pick the one with the Space Ghost picture. Woop.

Thanks Porkhammer :smile:

I sent you an invite just a little while ago. Just wanted to let you know that I have also changed my Steam Name name to Rygar, so that should be the name that comes through, but it still might be Shades because that was the name I had when I sent it. Sorry for any confusion!
  • 4 months later...
Well, my girlfriend and her friends state that racing and especially sim-racing is for immature grown up kids... 
I think they're totally mistaken, whenever I play Dirt Rally I know I become the Master Overlord of speed and adrenaline!
Most of the time my girlfriend picks a German car and drives Monte Carlo, Greece or her favorite: Hillclimb in Colorado in the rain. Don't ask me why that's her preference. She just started driving when I wiped the dust off my Thrustmaster FF430 wheel and connected it to my PC; wouldn't touch the game with a gamepad. It's interesting to see her drive. She insists she is driving "hellishly fast" because she can hear the engine moan with high RPM. In reality she's dead slow. Go figure.

She plays soccer and is the best in her all-female team (plays in a regional league here in Germany). She plays Basketball in a mixed team for fun with me and she's pretty good at it. Some evenings she's better than me. She is used to guys taking offense sometimes n her being better at sports. Still annoys her from time to time though.

I never quite understood why there is any weakness in being beat by a girl at anything. Why should anybody's capability at being better or worse than me at something have something to do with their gender? It must be terrible for women to be in a situation where men cannot accept that they're better. But at the same time I feel like it's terrible for boys to be under the impression to "always have to be better than girls". Such thinking is poisoning, for both sexes.

-pac

pacman84 said:
Most of the time my girlfriend picks a German car and drives Monte Carlo, Greece or her favorite: Hillclimb in Colorado in the rain. Don't ask me why that's her preference. She just started driving when I wiped the dust off my Thrustmaster FF430 wheel and connected it to my PC; wouldn't touch the game with a gamepad. It's interesting to see her drive. She insists she is driving "hellishly fast" because she can hear the engine moan with high RPM. In reality she's dead slow. Go figure.

She plays soccer and is the best in her all-female team (plays in a regional league here in Germany). She plays Basketball in a mixed team for fun with me and she's pretty good at it. Some evenings she's better than me. She is used to guys taking offense sometimes n her being better at sports. Still annoys her from time to time though.

I never quite understood why there is any weakness in being beat by a girl at anything. Why should anybody's capability at being better or worse than me at something have something to do with their gender? It must be terrible for women to be in a situation where men cannot accept that they're better. But at the same time I feel like it's terrible for boys to be under the impression to "always have to be better than girls". Such thinking is poisoning, for both sexes.

-pac

I'm always surprised to hear about basketball anywhere other than the States. It's almost like American football being played anywhere else. Honestly I wish they just called football soccer. In any given football game there's only maybe 3-4 kicks. Soccer doesn't even describe anything.

On a side note, some men find it emasculating. Most cultures have the men as the hunters and women as the caretakers, except for lions, because their apparently lazy and make the women do everything. It's actually just nature, and it's what makes feminists annoying.
Well, I think it's not a case of  "-isms". Women are generally more inclined to like some activities and men others. Often some activities that men like seem boring to women and the other way round. If we share activities we like, much better.
For example: I remember when I was a boy and my sister forced me and my brother to play "tea party" with her, so my brother and I pretended we were spies and one tea cup was poisoned. She didn't like that at all lol
Procver said:
Well, I think it's not a case of  "-isms". Women are generally more inclined to like some activities and men others. Often some activities that men like seem boring to women and the other way round. If we share activities we like, much better.
For example: I remember when I was a boy and my sister forced me and my brother to play "tea party" with her, so my brother and I pretended we were spies and one tea cup was poisoned. She didn't like that at all lol
I once stole my older sisters' Barbie Corvette and painted it black ... with oil colours.
Procver said:
I once stole my older sisters' Barbie Corvette and painted it black ... with oil colours.
That's badass LMAO! I can imagine the aftermath...
Procver said:
Nice. My brother and I were more into destroying barbies. Throwing them at the wall worked pretty well, and if not there was always a lighter handy.
My sister also occasionally made me play that kind of crap with her, and I did because she didn't have friends. Now she makes fun of me for being nice. So I don't feel bad about burning her barbies.

Archived