Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Stewards panel, what should the penalty be next race

Hello, please view the incident, who was to blame in our season and does anyone deserve a grid penalty next race, i believe I was shunted off and it would warrant a penalty haha.

Also any advice on how to get a better start would be amazing as I really struggle as you can see

Thank you 

Clip starts at 1.10

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/jarmin0123/video/97883934

Looking at your left front wheel, you follow the same line. I can't see what happened to the Mercedes on the right of you. But unless he got a tap from the right, it was definitely his fault.

• Agree 1

That looks like Grosjean-Hamilton-Spa2012. There was no grid penalty there :classic_rolleyes:

• Agree 1

Blind spot, you'd left the track and rejoined.

Racing incident

• Agree 3

In all fairness i left the track because as you see I would of been hit off the track in that first corner....

Any comments rrgarding why my starts are so bad off the line 🤣🤣

13 hours ago, jarmin0123 said:

Hello, please view the incident, who was to blame in our season and does anyone deserve a grid penalty next race, i believe I was shunted off and it would warrant a penalty haha.

Also any advice on how to get a better start would be amazing as I really struggle as you can see

Thank you 

Clip starts at 1.10

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/jarmin0123/video/97883934

It's a racing incident at the start of the race, but after watching both views, it's down to you, I'm sorry but that's how I see it.

You got a bad start, merc got in front & that first turn was his, you then kept your foot down when the Merc already had the line through the first turn. You then rejoined in his blind spot and expected him to give way even though he was ahead. Again, you can't just keep your foot down and expect to rejoin like that. You have to know when to give up the place.

Imagine you are the Merc driver, if you're honest I think you'd be happy with your start in that case.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

It's sometimes hard to get the starts right, but I think it's just down to revs really. Get it above 11000 and react quick to the lights, but don't just floor it, you have to temper the throttle and try to find the best traction. If you floor it, your wheels will spin, you lose grip and you'll be overtaken. (I know that's easy to say, and the same thing happens to me, but sometimes less throttle is faster). Also, getting into 2nd slightly earlier can help with this as it help the car rev lower and grip earlier.

EDIT, actually after watching your start again, it looks like you are not even using all the revs in each gear. You are zapping through the gears up to 5th, maybe too quick. If you feel you have got the grip, then use the revs fully before changing to next gear. You seem to get into 5th, 6th, 7th, far too quickly. (watch the revs in your clip, then watch the revs in the Merc clip, that is how it should be in yours).

I hope that helps.

Edited by Morsify
  • Thanks 1

I find the most important thing with a start is to build up about 11,500 revs so as not to spin up, and also not to bog down.

But then a slow and constant downward application on the throttle.

It's a balance, it's not easy, which is a great part of the game. You can be too eager on the throttle and lose your position super easy.

It's why I think a 'practice start' function should be added to f1 2020

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Blind spot, you'd left the track and rejoined.

Racing incident

I have to agree with this one mate, i am sorry. It's really a sort of blind spot indeed.

• Thanks 1

Please dont apologise I do not mind I clearly had the wrong opinion and thanks for settling our stewards enquiry. 

Thanks for the advice on the starts i will try it soon and hopefully have much better results. 

• Like 1

This has been a nice break from BETA to read through.

Yeah, racing incident IMO. And I've seen some incidents 😛