Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#WishlistWednesday 10/06/14

Wishlist Wednesday Time!

This week you get just one wish but... You can't add anything new, you can only change something that is already in the game!

So tell us, what one thing would you change about DiRT Rally?

Good one! I'm genuinely struggling with this one, but I found one thing:

I have no interest in how career mode currently works, so I would prefer a system without credits and with more of an emphasis on teams. For instance, the staff currently in game would be divided amongst existing teams, and there would be 'works' and 'private' teams who could offer you better deals in different championships if you overachieve in your current team. I think this would be less linear and more 'realistic'.

Ideally, you would start in a regional/local championship and work your way into the international ranks, with regionalised AI talent.

I realise that's maybe too ambitious, but I was really struggling to find something I'd change with the current game and career is the only thing that I'm not interested in it at the moment.

Easy, top of my pet peeve list is that in career mode the number of race stages you can compete in per rally is tied to the competition class you're racing in (i.e. 4 at open, 6 at clubman etc). This was arguably the biggest initial disappointment and I mistook 

I'd like these two separated so that I can choose 4-12 (or more) race stages per rally at whichever level I'm racing. That's the 'quick fix'.

Per RodgerDavies post, long term it may be better to rethink how career mode works to create something with a more authentic feel. I'd label what we have as simplistic but functional. It has a lot more of an arcade feel to it. I don't know how much has been carried over from previous games vs created from scratch. As career mode is the only thing I play I'd love to see it get more depth over time.

I would add a payout system to the League events, with set payouts for participation, based on event length.
On top of that I'd add bonuses for how many people you beat in the event, and the relative rank of those people on the global leaderboards.

That would make placing well in an event filled with high-caliber talent more lucrative than playing the single player portion of the game, but would also give people who never even get close to a podium in their league more incentive to participate.

I wish the game had one cheaper car in every class so one could choose what class they want to drive in career. Instead of being stuck with a car one might not like

wish 1/ The braking distance is still WAY too short for all the cars and a lot less grip on the snow in Monte is needed. 

(wish 1.5 would be lowering the grip of the WRC's more(med_grip file works well), but thats being greedy.)

Remove Hillclimb and skip development for rallycross to make room for more tracks for the regular rallies :)

I wish the game had mouse support and be able to save my gamepad settings, to save me mapping them every time I go to play.

Definitely no game breaker but would be appreciated, especially mouse support.

Mick. :)

Make in-game leaderboards show all times, not just friends'.

I MEAN I WISH I HAD A THOUSAND MORE WISHES... damn too late.