Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does codemasters condone cheating?

Haha, javisst drar jag din betydelsefulla tråd i skiten! Att jag inte insåg! :0 Åt helvete med din förbannade tråd - och alla andra som den. Skyll på fransosen istället.

(I basically said to hell with all these threads - but in a slightly more profane tone... if someone is curious. Sorry for the non-english!)
You chosen bad politics. It would be better for you not to butt into this threads, where your fantastic achievements are being discussed. But now you gained real glory
LesPremiers said:
You all are so courteous, guys... but in strange way you dont see that its not very good to pick somebody to pieces if he cannot answer. But I'll answer. I must state true story of my ban. 
1.I started thread with the same questions as in this, no names.
2.Porlhammer gone there and began to cry about accusing. That time I even dont knew that just he shows that unreal times. 
3.Since he cried all results in table are fair I offered him to post live recordings of his runs.
4. Porkhammer slandered to moderator and I was banned for a week. Then he posted that he will post video, but havent do it.
5.After week in Daily thread I said looks like people makes cut-offs and dun Porkhammer about his promises to post video. Than I even noticed, that cut-offs, if they allowed in game, are nOT cheats, but he must simply show it to people for fair play.
6. Porkhammer began to cry about accusing, slandered to moderator, and I was banned for a week.
7 AFTER IT he posted video of  Wales stages of Monthly event he passed (without cut-offs, as he proclaimed). People asked what LaPremier will tell now. So, I created account and explain, that for first view I cannot tell I satisfied and need further investigation.
8.There I was banned forever. A propos, if somebody's posts here can be really helpfull for developers, its just mine. But no matter.
9.Then I made investigation and found Porkhammers video PROVE MY CONCLUION about cut-offs. Look here,  please, compare times in in his recording and monthly event results table 
Stage 1: 2.55.9  - 2.53.6
Stqge 2: 3.20 - 3.20
Stage 3: 6.19 - 6.13
Stage 4: 3.01 - 2.55
Stage 5: 3.30.4 - 3.27.5
Stage 6: 6.31 - 6.23.5
We see clear, that at 5 of  6 stages his  results in recordings are slower up to 7 seconds. But its just the profit he possibly made with cut-offs!
So, Porkhammer is  LIAR. And if he lies here, why he cannot to cheat in other way? Not in vain he afraid so much when anybody tell a word. Not in vain he run to slander. I repeat: his and ji1's results are unreal. RacerRune, for telling they are honest, please, show the same time once. Cannot do it? - right, its impossible. If they posts here, it does not mean they play fair. Dont afraid to tell  truth! Now in monthly event I fight for 4-5 place with Lars. We go second to second, difference 1-3 secs for a stage. And those with minutes advantage... it means we fight for true winning in champ. 
So, if somebody from Codemasters stuff can read it... think good, for what you fight? You defend  dignity of somewhat nicknames, which can be in a moment changed, and in this way destroy your game  For what you need it? You must to find way to distinguish real results from unreal. Need experts? - I am expert! I made world records in Driver SF and WRC, I was in top 10 in Grid 2 challenges. I have hundreds recordings from different games in my channel.  I know what is unreal. But they... where from they come, these fliers? Think good.
LesPremiers said:
Laught a lot. You will really kill me with laugh. Do I want?.. I want nothing from you! I know who are you not only by your lie about cut-offs! I know you can show ANYTHING, and dont need! Decide yourself, can you swindle in such way enough great number of simpletons. And your friend - i think, if he restarted championship. he will beat that polish guy!..
...and if that times at video are not your true  results  - for what you posted evidence, provimg not yours point, but mine? - you hope I cannot answer with ban, and other will not check! So, you also swindled upon simpletons! Thats all shows who are you!
That won't happen @RacerRune, don't worry

Hey Skiddy, for what you banned great composer? Dont like Brahms?  But as moderator you must NOT to demonstrate your own predilections. However you remains so frustrated. works hard with deleting my posts. Relax, I have dynamic IP and alooot of emails...

Hey Skiddy, for what you banned great composer? Dont like Brahms?  But as moderator you must NOT to demonstrate your own predilections. However you remains so frustrated. works hard with deleting my posts. Relax, I have dynamic IP and alooot of emails...

I never banned a great composer, nor did I demonstrate my own predilections. I banned a troll, for repeated trolling.

RacerRune said:
What is the proper contact point for cheats/cheaters?
I'm partial to an overhand elbow strike to the bridge of the nose.

NoOneNBA said:
RacerRune said:
What is the proper contact point for cheats/cheaters?
I'm partial to an overhand elbow strike to the bridge of the nose.
that ACTUALLY made me Laugh Out Loud. some guy broke my nose like that back in the day and i can attest firsthand to its efficacy!

Rather wary of VAC implementation since that can have further reaching consequences regarding modding in general.
Even if VAC is set to just stopping trainers/memory editors, people can just edit the car files themselves to grant superior performance, making it little more than a trick to catch out the ignorant. The obvious and ultimately less dangerous cheaters.
However the alternative, locking everything down and making DiRT Rally the least moddable Codies game yet, could well be a deal breaker for me. 
Honestly, I'd say it's a waste of time and dev resources.

Global online leaderboards are kinda flawed to be honest. Their existence encourages such behaviour in the first place and trying to maintain their integrity becomes a drain.
With so many ways to be exploited, I wouldn't recommend anyone using them as a be-all and end-all.
Stick to friends leaderboards with people you trust.

(and to think, Codemasters is the company that invented the Game Genie!)

BrySkye said:
Rather wary of VAC implementation since that can have further reaching consequences regarding modding in general.
Even if VAC is set to just stopping trainers/memory editors, people can just edit the car files themselves to grant superior performance, making it little more than a trick to catch out the ignorant. The obvious and ultimately less dangerous cheaters.
However the alternative, locking everything down and making DiRT Rally the least moddable Codies game yet, could well be a deal breaker for me. 

Global online leaderboards are kinda flawed to be honest. Their existence encourages such behaviour in the first place and trying to maintain their integrity becomes a drain.
With so many ways to be exploited, I wouldn't recommend anyone using them as a be-all and end-all.

The Company has always not supported modding but the individuals like what the modding comminity come up with.

I hope you can't set leadeboard times after altering tire grip values as many people started doing when they thought the grip was too high.

BrySkye said:

The Company has always not supported modding but the individuals like what the modding comminity come up with.
Technically incorrect to say "always" or rather "never", I suppose. Like I said, "The Company" invented the Game Genie, a cheat device back in the day that was a ROM hacking tool and the definitive cheat device for the 8 and 16-bit consoles.

Pedantic details aside though, I'm 100% aware of that. Nothing to do with what I was talking about.
There is a rather large difference between not supporting something and actively targeting it with punishment.
For something like VAC to really solve the problem, it's going to have to issue bans when any files have been modified.
Or new packaging methods that prevent them being readily accessed and would have to be reverse engineered all over again.
Even something as innocuous as a post-processing filter package, like SweetFX, can upset VAC since it involves DLL files.

If what little modding that is possible now is taken away, that's a big deal to me. I like driving in and taking screenshots/videos of cars in authentic liveries which licensing issues/costs prevent from being featured, or being able to adjust the camera positions in more detail to my taste/for screenshots.

Aside from that, thanks to the EA process, some of us are hopeful that actual modding support is potentially on the cards. It's one of the most frequently asked questions across the DiRT Show, etc.