Jump to content Jump to content

Fanatec Clutch Support

JSNNZ

Thanks again for the outstanding game so far! At the moment I am running my CSR in G25 mode but it is a bit buggy, particularly slipping out of gears for no reason at all when in clutch + H Pattern mode. Is there a plan to implement full feature/clutch support for the Fanatec range including the CSR?
Thanks.
I have a CSW V2 and CSP V2 and the clutch bite point is almost right at when the pedal is fully depressed. This causes a big time problem when downshifting as the car won't engage a lower gear and you have to reselect the gear. It wants to stay in neutral when approaching a hairpin. I agree with JSNNZ...outstanding game so far.
In response to the above post, now that we have the new pedal calibration, my clutch pedal bite point is right at the fully disengaged point...the opposite from before. The gears engage more consistently post-patch however. On the calibration page the clutch bar moves much faster from 0 to 100 than the brake and the throttle, almost like it was mapped to a button. Such is life in the evolution process of DR.
Codies Devs - most excellent update on the FFB patch - driving DiRT Rally is already a phenomenally better experience now! 

That said - please fix the issue where a user cannot assign their clutch. I have a Fanatec CSR Elite and use the CSR Elite Pedals as well. Interestingly when I first go to Profile --> Game Preferences and change to Manual H-Pattern and Clutch then back out of that menu (autosave indicator activates), then go to Options & Extras --> Controls and assign my clutch at the bottom of the screen, I can assign it to anything BUT my clutch pedal (and controller or keyboard button). When I back out of that menu, and the autosave indicator activates, then go back into the same, I can no longer assign my clutch to any button. I attempt to assign, get the "waiting" indicator, and when I push any button whatsoever, it indicates "unassigned". I can't even back out of the menu without reverting as I cannot assign the clutch. Granted I can still play with H-Pattern and no Clutch, but 1. I'm not good enough to do that in real life so would love the realism represented appropriately, and 2. Driving with a clutch is just so much more fun!

I'm sure it's not top of your priority list, but this small fix would make DiRT Rally all but perfect IMHO. Thanks!
I have a Clubsport Pedals V1 and I can't assign clutch too. When I try to press the pedal, the calibration page closes itself, so if I didn't calibrate throttle and brake before, I'm left with not calibrated pedals.

Archived