Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 : FPS locked at 70-80 instead of 144

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I've an issue for a few days from now. F1 2019 constantly runs at 70-80 fps instead of 144 for absolutely no reason. All the parameters are correctly set up in the game AND in the Nvidia control panel. I've downgraded to an older version of my Nvidia graphics card, same result. I've checked out the temperature of my graphics card, no problem. Nothing has burned. This happens only in this game (League of Legends, Valorant, etc are working fine). I've uninstall and reinstall the game twice, and changed the installation folder, nothing have changed.
I must say that I usally run it at 160 constantly.

I'm speechless. I hope someone has a solution.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Edited by Madal13

I would suggest deleting your graphics setting in the documents folder and then launch the game again and see if that will help.

If that doesn't help, try turning off Steam overlay and Vsync should be set to off.

• Agree 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, Kompjutaguy said:

I would suggest deleting your graphics setting in the documents folder and then launch the game again and see if that will help.

If that doesn't help, try turning off Steam overlay and Vsync should be set to off.

Really no need to turn off the Steam overlay. That was a specific build of Nvidia driver and an issue with Steam, both of which are long outdated.

hardware_settings_config.xml is the file @Kompjutaguy is referring to. Delete, then launch the game.

• Agree 1