Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

[PC][CRASH] F1 2019 "Error reading data, please verify the game cache."

Posted (edited)

After roughly 80 hours playing F1 2019, my game is now crashing randomly with the error box saying "Error reading data, please verify the game cache." I have validated the files of the game through steam about 10 times with no improvement, ive downloaded the Nvidia hotfix 445.98 with no change, ive done a reinstall of the full game. Steam overlay disabled, also disabled Shadowplay overlay, nothing seems to be fixing the issue. Nothing different happened in the lead up to the problem, the crash happens in both single player and multiplayer.

Im using a Logitech G29 with the pedals that come standard. RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, Intel I7 8700k @3.7GHz. 

I have searched the forums for this issue extensively to only find one post in september 2019 which had no replies 

Edited by VeilEdits
spelling

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 8:45 AM, VeilEdits said:

After roughly 80 hours playing F1 2019, my game is now crashing randomly with the error box saying "Error reading data, please verify the game cache." I have validated the files of the game through steam about 10 times with no improvement, ive downloaded the Nvidia hotfix 445.98 with no change, ive done a reinstall of the full game. Steam overlay disabled, also disabled Shadowplay overlay, nothing seems to be fixing the issue. Nothing different happened in the lead up to the problem, the crash happens in both single player and multiplayer.

Im using a Logitech G29 with the pedals that come standard. RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, Intel I7 8700k @3.7GHz. 

I have searched the forums for this issue extensively to only find one post in september 2019 which had no replies 

Post a dxdiag please, sounds interesting. To save me looking, can you link the post you found in Sep 19?

Edited by steviejay69

turns out it was some sort of problem with my harddrive, i reconnected it and it fixed the problem

• Thanks 1

Hello, if you could tell me how you did it, I would appreciate it very much. Because I have the same error and I can't fix it. Thank you

I turned off my pc, disconnected the power, unplugged my hard drive that had f1 2019 installed on it and reconnected it. That solved the issue for me