Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019

I'm thinking about getting this game for my XBox. Does the controller work well in the driving aspect of the game or is it best played with a steering wheel and foot pedals? My last (and only) attempt at driving in a F1 game was about 4 years ago and was a disaster. I couldn't keep the car on the track and always started races at the  back of the grid.......finishing races in last position and usually lapped a couple of times. Loved how great the cars looked and sounded but couldn't actually drive them!

What's the chances that a keen but useless noob driver to F1 2019 could get an enjoyable driving experience? Improvement for me would be not finishing a race in last position and not necessarily a podium place.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can only speak from my experience and I would say that F1 2019 is the best F1 game ever to play with a controller. So I don't think you'll have any problems driving with a controller, whether it is offline or online. You can pick the difficulty level and the driving assists to match your skill level and you'll have an enjoyable experience. And after getting used to it all, you will slowly start turning off some assist which will allow you to be even faster.

And this is the perfect time to buy it because it's on a huge sale for Xbox One. So totally go for it, you won't regret it 😃

Edited by Kompjutaguy
  • Agree 1

I've downloaded the trial/demo version of the game and enjoyed a few hours trying to get around the Aussie GP circuit. Stuff that I don't even understand like car set up/DRS/ pit lane stops. I'm thinking of buying the game and giving it a good go. I'm hoping that, with regular play, that I can improve. I certainly can't get any worse!

• Agree 1

There are in-game tutorials for all that stuff like DRS and ERS so it shouldn't be hard to understand. It is really user friendly difficulty wise as you can change the AI difficulty and all the assists to make it easier. You will definitely improve the more you play, there's no doubt about it. Haha, don't be that hard on yourself. I wish you good luck and a lot of fun 😃

• Agree 1

Tutorials......gameplay assists......that will do it for me. Gonna buy the game and get stuck into playing it while I'm on lockdown. 

• Like 1

What a gaming experience F1 2019 is. The joy of braking and then accelerating out of a corner is fantastic when it all falls into place. And the despair when it all goes horribly wrong and costs me a few seconds at best and an early retirement at worst. Whatever the outcome (and at the moment it's generally not a good outcome) the game looks and sounds amazing. I'm totally engrossed in it.

If nothing else I now understand my first 2 F1 related glossary terms...........Back marker and Blue flag!