My new perspective on this game

After what just happened, I have a new perspective on this game. 
Starting behind my opponent in a sprint race, without any input from me, my car rammed into my opponent repeatedly before the start, giving me a 2 second advantage before the start line.

This tells me that not only Codemasters won’t do anything about bad drivers by they have actually programmed in this sort of aggression. The only reason I can think of is that irrational drivers are more likely to spend real money and losing to such a dirty tactic will definitely make you a bit irrational.

Don't worry about your car banging against the opponent in Sprint mode before the start. Often to negotiate the tight corners before the start/finish straights and yet to remain in the racing line, cars hit each other. Doesn't mean you're aggressive or the opponent is or CM is trying to create tensions. Everything before the start of the race is irrelevant.

9 hours ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

Don't worry about your car banging against the opponent in Sprint mode before the start. Often to negotiate the tight corners before the start/finish straights and yet to remain in the racing line, cars hit each other. Doesn't mean you're aggressive or the opponent is or CM is trying to create tensions. Everything before the start of the race is irrelevant.

Actually I know what you’re talking about but this is different. I’ve had occasions where the car has been slammed for a DNF before the start and I’ve blamed my opponent but my point is that this sort of thing is built into the game on purpose and we tend to blame the drivers.

13 hours ago, PB111 said:

Actually I know what you’re talking about but this is different. I’ve had occasions where the car has been slammed for a DNF before the start and I’ve blamed my opponent but my point is that this sort of thing is built into the game on purpose and we tend to blame the drivers.

I now get what you’re saying. It’s probably just programmed to hinder our progress. There are soooooooo many instances mentioned in this forum. All we can do is take our frustrations out by reporting the opponent drivers even if we know the game is the culprit.