shaking of driving camera hurts your eyes...

Hi,

if someone feels the same, please write to codemasters, the more write, the more is the chance that codemasters will change camera shaking feature options in coming f1 2020.

of course, shaking of driving camera makes the game feel more real indeed, but it would be essential that if camera shake is set to zero in the game options, camera shake really is to be reduced to zero in the game (this is not the case in f1 2019). If someone plays many hours per day for many month, I guarantee that it,s not good for your eyes (everyone), of course, not everyone, will develope symptoms on the long run......(redness, itching)..but some will..Thanks

......I,m not saying: "no camera shake", I, just saying "to be able to reduce camera shake to zero" if and when someone wants to....

4 hours ago, Hiall342 said:
If someone plays many hours per day for many month, I guarantee that it,s not good for your eyes (everyone), of course, not everyone, will develope symptoms on the long run......(redness, itching)..but some will..Thanks

Do you have proof from actual medical research that shaky screen effect is bad for your eyes?

I,m sure there is.....if someone searches for it on the net....your eyes were not "made" for looking at and concentrating to vibrations for many hours every day...for me: I played 4-5 hour per day f12019 for a week on holiday, and my eyes got red and itchy.......(probably not everybody will have this, but some will have).....the symptoms disappeared after 3 days of not playing.....it,s only common sense: if you abuse any of your organ for a long time (abuse=much greater stress than average), for sure that organ will be sick...(of course genetical factors matter as well, some can take more stress, some less)...like the alcoholic: you drink too much = your liver will have to overwork = after longer time you will develope different kind of liver diseases...)... 

....might also be that eye disease will develope not at present...but 20-30 years later when someone will get older....

You're still young. You have time to make professional research about eye straining on shaky screen effect in videogame.

Can't say if noticed much excessive camera shake and I have mine set on 30%.

And, eyes shouldn't be focused on a close distance screen for hours on end.  I recall the recommendation is 20 mins then rest eyes by looking long distance - look out of window.

And every hour, off backside and walk about otherwise lard will prevail!!

I tweeted Codies asking for help with my DR2 settings to reduce motion sickness, but I had no response.  I hope you have better luck with F1.

I personally think that shaking screen effect is actually very beneficial rather than harmful to the eyes. It trains the eye & brain to track objects easier. 

Here's a video that kind of relate with actual data & research

Trains your brain & eye in moderation for maximum simulation value.

There are settings in the game that stop it from moving completely. Or as much as you want.

In the pause screen while on track or In the the garage go to preferences, and find the camera settings option, I'm not 100% sure what it's called but it will be on that page. Once in those settings you will find I think 3 sliders related to camera movement, if you put them all to zero it will stop moving.