Suggestion - 22 Car Multiplayer Races?

With the addition of the "My Team" Career mode in singleplayer, allowing you to become the 11th team on the grid and allowing 22 cars to be racing together... my question/suggestion is....

Could 22 player races be done in multiplayer?

Obviously this wouldn't really be possible if your using the proper F1 teams (McLaren, Renault, Ferrari etc etc) but if you were to set up a multiplayer lobby with the Multiplayer Cars (assuming that that feature will be remaining in 2020), could this allow the lobby to reach 22 racers/players + 2 spectators instead of the standard 20 + 2 spectators? Because it's not as if it really matters when it comes to teams, you just get assigned a team mate for the purpose of sharing a pit garage for pit stops and with the 11 teams in the "My Team" Career mode, there will already, in theory, be 11 pit garages and 22 starting positions allocated to each track.

This is more me wondering and just thinking out loud.

• Agree 4

The more the merrier! Sounds great to me to have the option to use those 2 spectator slots for extra grid space.

• Agree 2

How could this be a good idea since we can't pit safely without being blocked by someone sharing the same garage as you. There is no way knowing who's the one you need to avoid pitting with.

So putting an eleventh team in the pack is ridicoulus

Exactly what I was thinking. Could also make the classic cars from years with bigger grids more realistic.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Krimo-07 said:

How could this be a good idea since we can't pit safely without being blocked by someone sharing the same garage as you. There is no way knowing who's the one you need to avoid pitting with.

So putting an eleventh team in the pack is ridicoulus

What you described is already a problem/issue that exists in F1 2019

I would imagine lobby sizes will be up to 22 since there are 22 cars in F2 this year 

• Agree 1

On 5/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, The Icem@n said:

no thanks already enough morrons on track !!!

On 5/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, ragequit1 said:

It's enough carnage with even 5 on the grid, no thank you.

Yeh but if you're creating a lobby for yourself and friends, it would be nice to have the option. Plus if they're friends, my hope would be that they wouldn't be morons and carnage would just be the same as usual.

• Agree 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, CameronB said:

I would imagine lobby sizes will be up to 22 since there are 22 cars in F2 this year 

Oh right, I forgot about that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, CameronB said:

I completely forgot about that

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 5:09 PM, AlpakaWhacker said:

With the addition of the "My Team" Career mode in singleplayer, allowing you to become the 11th team on the grid and allowing 22 cars to be racing together... my question/suggestion is....

Could 22 player races be done in multiplayer?

Obviously this wouldn't really be possible if your using the proper F1 teams (McLaren, Renault, Ferrari etc etc) but if you were to set up a multiplayer lobby with the Multiplayer Cars (assuming that that feature will be remaining in 2020), could this allow the lobby to reach 22 racers/players + 2 spectators instead of the standard 20 + 2 spectators? Because it's not as if it really matters when it comes to teams, you just get assigned a team mate for the purpose of sharing a pit garage for pit stops and with the 11 teams in the "My Team" Career mode, there will already, in theory, be 11 pit garages and 22 starting positions allocated to each track.

This is more me wondering and just thinking out loud.

Regardless to what the idiots with no clue say on this thread. It's a good idea it depends on the complications on implementing it & the number of the cars on the real life grid. Back in 2010 we could of had  26 cars on the grid in 2016 we had 22 when Haas joined so the more the merrier. If some can't play the game properly that's their problem. The shouldn't project their problems on everybody else.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1