Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Blog Post by Rallycross Driver David Binks

We had our very first guest blog post this week by Rallycross driver David Binks - its totally worth checking out. Tell you what... I'll even give you the first bit for free...

My name is David Binks, and I’m a not-so-tame Racing driver! This is the first of what will be a regular series of blogs I’ll be doing here at Codies. I’m a Rallycross driver by day but I’m also a huge fan of Codemasters racing games and have recently been able to lend my experience behind the wheel to the guys and help them in the development process. It’s been amazing to see what they do and being able to play my part has been great, but we’ll leave that story for another time.

Instead, what I’d like to do over the coming months I give you a bit of insight into what I do and the sport I love – Rallycross. We’ll start with a bit more about myself, and how I got into driving cars really fast.

There is something about the hot smell that only the inside of a race car has… I knew there and then that I wanted to become a racing driver.

I started racing at the age of 16 after spending many of my childhood weekends watching all sorts of motorsport events across the UK and beyond with my dad John. It actually started when I was about 12 he took me to Donnington for a BTCC race and Frank Biela’s old Audi was on show. I was quite shy at the time and I remember him trying to get me to sit in the car, eventually I climbed through the roll cage and into the seat as they closed the door. There is something about the hot smell that only the inside of a race car has… I knew there and then that I wanted to become a racing driver.

hi-david-binks (2)