Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would go up in increments of 5+ when it comes to setting/testing the difficulty. For me it’s 105 AI. I go to my best track and test it there in a 50% race until the first round of Pit Stops and Full Qualifying. If I find I’m too fast for them then I raise it a little higher each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do Time trial, set official day time with car which i have in the career and i go usually 10-15 laps (until i go consistently) and get the fastest lap. Then i go to grand Prix mode, set no practice, short Q, race doesn't matter, clear weather. I only accelerate time (haven't tried to skip the Q session) until the end of the Q to results. And my TT fastest time should be where i actually want be. Usually looking at my teamate's time in the Q results, which should be similar to the mine one from TT. At least for me it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hamrr10 said:

I do Time trial, set official day time with car which i have in the career and i go usually 10-15 laps (until i go consistently) and get the fastest lap. Then i go to grand Prix mode, set no practice, short Q, race doesn't matter, clear weather. I only accelerate time (haven't tried to skip the Q session) until the end of the Q to results. And my TT fastest time should be where i actually want be. Usually looking at my teamate's time in the Q results, which should be similar to the mine one from TT. At least for me it works.

Time trial isn't the same as quali, especially with tyre wear.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the track unfortunately, as the AI are stronger or weaker in some tracks versus others. I usually run about 101-104 (on controller, not wheel, skill level differs for wheel vs. controller obviously, since I haven't used a wheel I couldn't tell you what you should run).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

I play on 90 AI if I go up to 91/92 how much faster will the AI go?

I don't think you will notice much difference going up 1 or 2. The last Featured Event in Canada I ended up going as high as 107 and passing the challenge. I was at 106 for a while and decided to go for it. There really wasn't much of a difference from 106. When you're in the mid to high 100's though, you have to be very consistent. I would say if you're winning at 90 and not struggling.... try 95. If it turns out to be too quick. Start going down by 1. Don't get discouraged though if you have trouble with 95. Learn to be consistent. The AI is slower in turns. They brake way earlier than you can. That's where you make up the time on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OPgiSh0tz said:

Time trial isn't the same as quali, especially with tyre wear.

Sure it's not the same. No tyre wear, hotlap mode whole lap i guess. But i think, when you accelerate the time in session, the lap times are quicker. I do not accelerate the time during Q and the Gap between these two times is similar to Gap between my TT time and Q time with tyre wear and ERS consuming. I know it's not perfect, but i know roughly how quick i can be comparing the AI on any track. And so far, it works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

What’s the best way to determine what AI you should be playing at?

you have to do it track by track, a 90 AI level in Melbourne is not the same as in Austria (there you will be 1,5 sek faster every lap) and in Hungary you have no chance against AI with 90...you have to determine this every track, start with a comfortable value in Melbourne as your basic number. Take your teammate as a reference in practice sessions - me for example has 89 is Melbourne, the highest I think I have is 97 and the lowest is 86, so you see it varies in between the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AI difficulty? So I've been playing the game for a week without realizing that I can alter/manipulate how good the other AI drivers are. Playing this game is going to be a long long learning curve.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

you have to do it track by track, a 90 AI level in Melbourne is not the same as in Austria (there you will be 1,5 sek faster every lap) and in Hungary you have no chance against AI with 90...you have to determine this every track, start with a comfortable value in Melbourne as your basic number. Take your teammate as a reference in practice sessions - me for example has 89 is Melbourne, the highest I think I have is 97 and the lowest is 86, so you see it varies in between the season.

Do you know by any chance what is your AI strength on Barcelona? I always do 2 Q+R on Barcelona in GP mode, with 2 different settings (telling to myself this is pre-season :classic_biggrin:). And depending of that I set AI value for career. Then if I am to good compared to teammate I change it during season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:56 AM, peanutt2000 said:

What’s the best way to determine what AI you should be playing at?

Try to do some free practice in grand prix mode, start a new GP 100% lenght with all sessions, set the AI 80 and select you team, do the FP1. If you lead by a lot time from 2nd, the AI 80 its too much easy to you and back to start a new GP mode, AI on 85 or 88 or even 90.

I call this as pre-season, and selected Spain track for my tests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought they should have 2 AI settings. A team mate AI to go along with the normal AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×