DAS coming to F1 2020?

It wouldn’t make sense since it is not even allowed by FIA for Mercedes to use. So why have it in the game if it can‘t be used in real life?

24 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

It wouldn’t make sense since it is not even allowed by FIA for Mercedes to use. So why have it in the game if it can‘t be used in real life?

The FIA actually approved its use for 2020, but banned any team from using it from 2021 onward.

I don't think it will be added, although it would definitely be interesting to experience and manage it in the game. Lee Mather also talked about it in this video when asked by Marc Priestley:

47 minutes ago, AdanA said:

Maybe even development option for the DAS system? Not sure how development would help it improve but probably improve durability??

This is actually a really good point! It could be part of the R&D tree and become available to teams like how KERS used to become available for Marussia etc back in F1 2013.

I think it would be well placed as part of the chassis tree and would decrease tyre wear and help with reheat when used properly.

14 minutes ago, mattb97 said:

This is actually a really good point! It could be part of the R&D tree and become available to teams like how KERS used to become available for Marussia etc back in F1 2013.

I think it would be well placed as part of the chassis tree and would decrease tyre wear and help with reheat when used properly.

Yh sure maybe even when activating it and let's say the wear is really high, the wheel falls off or punctures the tires. 

It could be part of F1 2020 because no one is allowed to show the Mercedes car in the beta

• Agree 2

Hell no I hope not. No point spending resource on something only 1 team so far uses and which will be banned from next year. No sense in doing it IMO and why add yet another thing for us to micro-manage while racing mapping to an already exhausted list of buttons when IRL it's a push/pull system which we cannot do. 

• Agree 2