Sign in to follow this  

Year One Pass - Unwanted 2.4 million credits

Posted (edited)

So, for several months last year, I pushed for Codies to give us a way to be able to reset our credits to 0, and was delighted when we finally got this in a patch. Since then, I've been playing happily.

However, this evening, I purchased the Year One Pass on Steam and 2.4 million credits has appeared on my freshly restarted career mode which I can't get rid of, even by resetting my RaceNet data. This is the last thing I wanted as it completely RUINS career mode for me. Please tell me it's optional and there's a way to disable it...

Does anyone know which DLC it's connected to so I can try uninstall and disable it? Or am I stuck with it? I can't get a refund on the Year One Pass as I bought it from Fanatical.com

Edit: I've tried uninstalling all non-car or location DLC, and it's still coming back. I just want to start fresh with 0 credits like before.

Edit #2: If you're going to dump millions of credits on someone who buys your DLC, PLEASE make it optional. Some of us like to *earn* our way through the game. I've just spent money to effectively ruin the game and I can't get it back.

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 1

I had the same thoughts when i started GOTY version. I just played as if 2.4m = 0 and never spent more. But i guess you can buy/sell cars and actually bring it down to 0 credits. Frustrating but oh well - modern games are like that i guess.

20 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The Seasons featured bi-weekly CR drops of a few hundred thousand, which adds up to 2.4 million overall.

As the drops are part of the Season DLCs (ie: the Year One Pass), you paid real money for them, so legally, they must always be available.

It's a wonky workaround, but you could try and siphon the funds by buying some RX Supercars, applying upgrades, and then selling them back to the game. Your total will go down over time.

I was never a fan of the random credit drops or the DLC cars being free in career, but that's a fair explanation, thanks for posting. OP, I guess the best thing for it is to say 2.4m = 0 then, and treat that as the world's most generous bank overdraft or, if you want to up the realism level of modern day professional rally driving, that's the family money to fall back on in 'hard times'.

• Disagree 1

That Codemasters developers don't even consider the possibility that someone might want to play their game, instead of progressing without playing, is just sad.

These "credits drops" should never exist in the first place. The concept that paying real world money equals game progression needs to die. But if you do implement this kind of "bonus" garbage then the least you could do is implement them in a way that doesn't harm the game experience of those who would actually like to play the game. People who buy DLC for the content and not for gameplay bonuses. Why don't Codemasters believe we exist?

How about cheat codes for singleplayer? You know, those things that games had back in the day before pay2win and microtransactions became the norm. With a cheat code you can get extra money without playing if that's what you want, but if you'd rather play the game then cheat codes are not forced on you like these "credits drops" and instant unlocks are. Everyone wins.

On 5/23/2020 at 12:00 PM, PJTierney said:

The Seasons featured bi-weekly CR drops of a few hundred thousand, which adds up to 2.4 million overall.

As the drops are part of the Season DLCs (ie: the Year One Pass), you paid real money for them, so legally, they must always be available.

It's a wonky workaround, but you could try and siphon the funds by buying some RX Supercars, applying upgrades, and then selling them back to the game. Your total will go down over time.

Thanks for your response.

Currently, I've managed to spend most of the money into buying extra mechanics and a new Renault Clio RX for my Rallycross career. Managed to get it down to 180k which I (reluctantly) settled with.

However, I would advise on binning this habit of giving credit bonuses for DLC purchases, or credit bonuses for anything for that matter. What is the point in the studio spending resources in developing a progression path, only to give people freebies to effectively take the fun out of it and make it practically defunct? To work around the issue, you have to purchase upgrades that you would otherwise have been enjoying working for by racing and winning competitions.

I may have legally paid for them, but I had no idea that this was part of the DLC, worst still accumulated for the Year One Pass/GOTY edition. It isn't stated anywhere, including in this GOTY content graphic, which I referred to several times befor purchasing the Year One Pass:

DR2_GOTY_Content_List_PEGI.jpg

Had I known that this was part of the DLC, I most definitely would not have purchased it. The most important thing to me is gameplay progression, to earn your way up the ladder. It is a career after all. There is no fun in being given a leg-up, no matter how small. If it was optional, or available via a code, then people like me can continue to enjoy the game fully. Gameplay progression should outweigh everything.

Please consider these points for your next game.