Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday - 12/06/15

We figured we'd make this week's #FeedbackFriday a free for all.

But with a catch :P

This week you can give us feedback on any part of us or the game. It can be anything! Blog posts, websites, bug reporting, the game, the cars, the steam store page, the forums, our subreddit, our communication, league support, online events, the UI... ANYTHING!

But you can only give feedback on just one thing - That way we can work out what the most important things are.

Make it count!

I'm going to tie this in to my Wishlist Wednesday post, and talk about the League System.

The League System is the biggest single feature in this game that appeals to me.
I really like the ability to play asynchronously with the people on my friend's list because they are literally spread around the world, so getting everyone together on a regular basis is a chore.
That said, I'd like to see some tweaks done to it, to make it more enticing to everyone, and increase participation.
My goal would be to have the League Events be the most lucrative events in the game, to spur online competition amongst the entire userbase.
That's where this game's longevity will be found.

As-is, the system fails to give any compelling incentive to play, to several very large groups of people.
Since there are no payouts, anyone looking to buy new cars, or upgrade their team, is better off doing the Online Challenges or Career Championships, rather than doing the League Events.
Anyone who regularly falls below the points spots in their League Events gets basically nothing for their efforts, so they are going to spend their time elsewhere as well.
The people who are top contenders in their leagues get bragging rights for that event, but there's no lasting record of their achievements, so I see them being more interested in improving their stage times, when the final game releases, as those are permanently recorded.

A payout system for everyone participating, based on the number of stages raced, length of those stages, the number of people participating in the event, and the relative rank of the people involved on the global leaderboards, would give everyone much more incentive to join a league.
It would also make longer seasons, with more competitors involved, additionally attractive.
Allowing permanent records for each league, would let people look back at prior seasons, and follow the progress of their favorite players, as well as giving those players a reason to keep competing against people they've beaten repeatedly.

Looking at the payouts specifically, I think that someone beating a whole group of high-end, real life competitors in an online event should get paid considerably more than somebody beating the highest level of AI in a career championship.
People participating in those events should be paid more than they would get for career events as well, to foster competition.

Edit: Thanks for approving my post below! I didn't have the time to retype it this weekend.

I'm not able to use Ø when writing my name. despite being able to use both Æ and Å. (This is about the norwegian alpabet btw)

Show us how you are going about our suggestions (maybe in a road book?).

There are countless suggestions for the game and currently there is still time to implement some of them. From my limited point of view I "only" see that force feedback will be addressed. Some of the suggestions are small and should be able to be added easily like track length and best time in the custom event screen. Is there sufficient development time reserved for community suggestions next to the big updates?

Krusi said:

There are countless suggestions for the game and currently there is still time to implement some of them. From my limited point of view I "only" see that force feedback will be addressed. Some of the suggestions are small and should be able to be added easily like track length and best time in the custom event screen. Is there sufficient development time reserved for community suggestions next to the big updates?
I like what this guy said. He can have my vote too.

Codriver, more adjustment on how early we want notes. He reads them too late and I dont have time enough to brake before 1 turns and hairpins and square corners. AND/OR let us edit our own notes like real rally drivers do... substract something, add something else... I know of plenty of corners I would like to add a WARNING to the notes, because I have to be extra carefull... some corners I wanna change from 3 too 4 and vise versa... I want to know wich corners i can go flat out in so and so gear. Some 1 turns drive as a 2 turn...wound be nice to be able to edit the notes, I really wish I could.

Wish list for the game:

- Victory pose as Colin Mc Rae 3

- Co Driver anamtion for notepad turning in Replay

- Tire damage fender panels

- Motor restart after heavy crash

- Brakes can catch fire at enormous heat

- Rally driving school like Colin McRae 1

- Group B Lancia 037

- Toyota Celica ST165, 185, 195, 205

- Rally DAKAR

Wish list for the game:

- Victory pose as Colin Mc Rae 3

- Co Driver anamtion for notepad turning in Replay

- Tire damage fender panels

- Motor restart after heavy crash

- Brakes can catch fire at enormous heat

- Rally driving school like Colin McRae 1

- Group B Lancia 037

- Toyota Celica ST165, 185, 195, 205

- Rally DAKAR

I guess you could call that just one thing lol... one long ass list. The 037 is definitely coming. Not sure about the rest.

I'd love to see female (and non-white) driver/co-driver options in the game.

I know—it's my shtick.

Players already choose their gender in their profile, and the textures are there... So much of Dirt Rally is already awesome, and the judging by the updates so far, the rest is really coming along. So this is the most important piece of feedback I (still) have.

Krusi said:

I mentioned this to Lee some time ago about all the different suggestion/feedback threads that Codemasters want from us, it's a waste of time tbh everyone repeats the same stuff.  Would be good for them to tell us what suggestions they are using.

So I've checked my entire huge historical list of most wanted cars and it was really hard but I succeeded to lower it down to Top 3 Most Wanted Cars:

1. Subaru Impreza WRC '05
2. Ford Focus RS WRC '06
3. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC '05 

They're all part of the 2005-2006 seasons and same classes but ironically it's just a coincidence really as I do personnally think they're amongst the best looking rally cars along with their history.

Have a nice weekend!

http://s5.postimg.org/5ut9kqo2f/image.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/sksedq79z/image.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/yj67nyq8n/image.jpg

As stated above, feeedback on feedback would be nice, not said the first, nor the last time!
Show us what you consider to implement in the game (or at least think on implementing)!

Going to keep harping on leagues since I lost another event's results due to my internet going out last night an hour before the event started.

1) Being able to access a previous season's results is the number one change I would like to see in league support. The system works so well for us, aside from this one piece. I have lost several event's results due to the results simple going *poof* once the season ends. This is really holding us back from doing a more serious championship, right now DiRT Rally is a "casual events" only game for our group.

2) Hill climb bug - when you run a hillclimb event in a league, the last run is used for the overall time, not the fastest time. See http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6729/bug-report-pikes-peak-league-time-issue#latest

3) Multi-class support - I would love to have multi-class support built in. As it sits, I am in the early planning stages of running a multi-class event and will have to compile results and score championship points by hand.

Those are my top 3, I have more in the feedback forum, so if anyone is interested in voting and/or commenting: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6077/improvement-league-functionality-improvements#latest

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but you asked for the sake of working out what's most important to people.

Amazing game already, just needs more (rally) content (especially in terms of stages per country) and fewer repeated sections of road in any event.

I'm gonna say Force Feedback needs to be closer to Richard Burns Rally. I know there is still a patch in the works, but honestly I haven't been back to the game, instead religiously checking each patch notes looking for news about the force feedback. Without it being fixed this game is a non-starter for me. The rest I can live with, although multiplayer would be nice.

I am one of the guys that get`s random crashes(nvidia gtx560) so please let me finish my daily!It`s very frustrating when you get a crash just before you start or at the mid of your try and can`t redo it later.either fix the crash,which i am pretty sure you are allready trying to have a stable game.or at least don`t block me from it till i have a valid time or a dnf!

Just got the game... hoping for updates.

I agree with a previous poster who said the game is a 'NON-STARTER' ... meaning I just played.. or tried to play a few minutes ago and I'll leave it at that ... the control is so far beyond what I thought was going to be horrible going into this ... Nothing feels like One-One control .. I brake, nothing happens right away.. I turn, nothing happens right away... I feel utterly disconnected(laggy controls?).  why does my wheel just randomly jump 'over-overpoweringly' side to side without warning or anything on the ground driving surface that might cause that?... its really ... really bad... What it honestly feels like is that there isn't really any REAL road surface there, like there is a visual model ..but I'm really driving on a LOW LOW Poly spline underneath it .. and nothing I'm seeing on screen is what my tires/PC wheel are actually running over, I know the game has updates coming but I'm skeptical because of where your staring out with.... I mean its not even drivable with a g27 wheel ... a controller, maybe. but I don't have one and there are other games I could be playing with my wheel before I'd even go back to that. For those who don't get it, playing a game like this with a controller is no different than playing Rock Band on drums with a controller instead of sticks and digital drums.. its that different. and that pathetic.

I fully support what you guys are trying to do, the graphics are stunning ... just stunning. But after playing Richard Burns Rally for more than 6 years and you can jump into that game NOW... and besides looking like utter shyte graphics wise.. the driving itself is still Bliss, its still amazing  .. the control is as much if not more responsive than anything in sims today and the way the car slides etc. is brilliant. There are few games i'd call a masterpiece.. but that is clearly one of them. This could be that but I almost feel like it won't until maybe the community steps in and are able to mod the game with tweaks and stuff.... hope I'm wrong about that.

WedgeX said:
Just got the game... hopingfor updates.

I agree with a previous poster who said the game is a 'NON-STARTER' ... meaning I just played.. or tried to play a few minutes ago and I'll leave it at that ... the control is so far beyond what I thought was going to be horrible going into this ... Nothing feels like One-One control .. I brake, nothing happens right away.. I turn, nothing happens right away... I feel utterly disconnected(laggy controls?).  why does my wheel just randomly jump 'over-overpoweringly' side to side without warning or anything on the ground driving surface that might cause that?... its really ... really bad... What it honestly feels like is that there isn't really any REAL road surface there, like there is a visual model ..but I'm really driving on a LOW LOW Poly spline underneath it .. and nothing I'm seeing on screen is what my tires/PC wheel are actually running over, I know the game has updates coming but I'm skeptical because of where your staring out with.... I mean its not even drivable with a g27 wheel ... a controller, maybe. but I don't have one and there are other games I could be playing with my wheel before I'd even go back to that. For those who don't get it, playing a game like this with a controller is no different than playing Rock Band on drums with a controller instead of sticks and digital drums.. its that different. and that pathetic.

I fully support what you guys are trying to do, the graphics are stunning ... just stunning. But after playing Richard Burns Rally for more than 6 years and you can jump into that game NOW... and besides looking like utter shyte graphics wise.. the driving itself is still Bliss, its still amazing  .. the control is as much if not more responsive than anything in sims today and the way the car slides etc. is brilliant. There are few games i'd call a masterpiece.. but that is clearly one of them. This could be that but I almost feel like it won't until maybe the community steps in and are able to mod the game with tweaks and stuff.... hope I'm wrong about that.
A little  harsh to say it's  unplayable as many are using that wheel and seem to be doing just fine. Still if that's your opinion  than thats fine.

Ghost cars would be nice like Dirt 3 has. Then you can really see where you need to improve.