Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday - 12/06/15

Please make stand alone H-Shifters work. (Fanatec CSS with USB Adapter)

Two more stand alone roads per rally (making it 24 stage options) 

if not that then allow us to set up offline custom events with more than 12 stages, position when the service happens and how long it is. 

Barnestah said:
WedgeX said:
Just got the game... hopingfor updates.

I agree with a previous poster who said the game is a 'NON-STARTER' ... meaning I just played.. or tried to play a few minutes ago and I'll leave it at that ... the control is so far beyond what I thought was going to be horrible going into this ... Nothing feels like One-One control .. I brake, nothing happens right away.. I turn, nothing happens right away... I feel utterly disconnected(laggy controls?).  why does my wheel just randomly jump 'over-overpoweringly' side to side without warning or anything on the ground driving surface that might cause that?... its really ... really bad... What it honestly feels like is that there isn't really any REAL road surface there, like there is a visual model ..but I'm really driving on a LOW LOW Poly spline underneath it .. and nothing I'm seeing on screen is what my tires/PC wheel are actually running over, I know the game has updates coming but I'm skeptical because of where your staring out with.... I mean its not even drivable with a g27 wheel ... a controller, maybe. but I don't have one and there are other games I could be playing with my wheel before I'd even go back to that. For those who don't get it, playing a game like this with a controller is no different than playing Rock Band on drums with a controller instead of sticks and digital drums.. its that different. and that pathetic.

I fully support what you guys are trying to do, the graphics are stunning ... just stunning. But after playing Richard Burns Rally for more than 6 years and you can jump into that game NOW... and besides looking like utter shyte graphics wise.. the driving itself is still Bliss, its still amazing  .. the control is as much if not more responsive than anything in sims today and the way the car slides etc. is brilliant. There are few games i'd call a masterpiece.. but that is clearly one of them. This could be that but I almost feel like it won't until maybe the community steps in and are able to mod the game with tweaks and stuff.... hope I'm wrong about that.
A little  harsh to say it's  unplayable as many are using that wheel and seem to be doing just fine. Still if that's your opinion  than thats fine.
Yea sorry, I guess that comes off as a little negative...I'm gonna play around with the settings a little and play-test it a bit more. Then give up again in frustration ... but really I'm just gonna wait till the next patch and complain about that when it comes.... 

but hey man, if they get this thing right and it turns out to be a good game I'll swear by it and tell everyone I know that its the sh*t.... until then I'll give my feedback straight from the hip until they get it right.

Good luck, I had similar trouble trying to find a sweet spot for Project CARS but there are plenty if people around with similar setups to you, so hopefully someone can help you out.

So I did go back and Try again ... installed Derinahon's tweak from Race Dept forums.... Sooo much better

I can now at least play the game .... this some old school Gran Turismo 4 or older kinda FFB though

but the real problem I'm still haveing is the Lag.... everything has  like a very noticable split second delay... even gear changes are not instant... turning the wheel one way and I can turn it back the other way before the first input is happening on screen ... its playable but the faster my car goes the harder this is to compensate for..... lowered all the graphics settings ... no difff

seems like even running the game in the background is seriously hampering my PC as its hard to even type this ...why?

Maybe it would be helpful to put your Pc specs in your signature. Not sure if its useful to CM. But as a Project cars member for 3 odd years and helping on the older CM forums + other various alfa /early access games. It can give an insight to various issues. 

Not sure if would be useful for others too. As it seems not many people are doing this on this forum. 

Also not sure if its been said anywhere  else.  But you can get a few more fps by going to task manager  when the game is running and giving the dirt.exe high priority.

Can we have the ability to drive any car on any track, i.e. Rally cars on Pikes Peak and hillclimb cars on rally stages? Would make the hillclimb a bit more varied at least.

I'd like a nice Profile based League system. There are too few stats in the overview. See if we can get a nice Profile page of each player where we can see in what leagues the player is active and see his times and best times for each etap. Maybe there could be an option to view recent races of players in replay.
Something like Battle.net for dirt rally instead of battlefield... There could be some regional based leagues, too.

Last to say: Goog game... keep your work up as you do!!!!!
Looking forward to ffb!!!!

WedgeX said:
So I did go back and Try again ... installed Derinahon's tweak from Race Dept forums.... Sooo much better

I can now at least play the game .... this some old school Gran Turismo 4 or older kinda FFB though

but the real problem I'm still haveing is the Lag.... everything has  like a very noticable split second delay... even gear changes are not instant... turning the wheel one way and I can turn it back the other way before the first input is happening on screen ... its playable but the faster my car goes the harder this is to compensate for..... lowered all the graphics settings ... no difff

seems like even running the game in the background is seriously hampering my PC as its hard to even type this ...why?

Not sure wtf is causing that but I would make my way to the technical forums and try to get some help if I was you. 

Hmm, did I manage to delete my post trying to edit it? That was gifted.

Anyway, 

Since I'm supposed to only be posting on one thing I'll make it broad. Authenticity. This is probably the most important aspect of the game to me. I'm not a hyper-realism type of player but equally I wouldn't be here if DiRT Rally wasn't striving for a more realistic and authentic experience.

On the whole I think the driving and stages are pretty solid, I'm looking forward to the FFB changes coming. The current biggest detractors from the overall experience from an authenticity perspective for me are:

• Auto recovery. Both immediate if you get too close to spectators and the 10 second delay for off-road.
  • Damage model and repairing. The damage model seems far too forgiving and the whilst I like the ability to repair the car at service it's a very 'gamey' system that could use more depth and authenticity. Perhaps in terms of replacing parts rather than repairing in 1% increments.
  • Number of stages per rally being linked to competition class (aka difficulty level). I've already mentioned this is a previous feedback thread though.

I would very much like options to tweak the above. Turning off auto-recovery. Enabling a more realistic damage model and being able to choose rally length. This would add to the overall experience, making it feel more authentic and less gamey

In short, I like that the game is aiming for a more authentic feel and it generally does a pretty good  job. Keep it up.

FFB, Tarmac Physics, modder tracks editor, free cameras in replays and best optimization grphics.

WedgeX said:
Barnestah said:
A little  harsh to say it's  unplayable as many are using that wheel and seem to be doing just fine. Still if that's your opinion  than thats fine.
Yea sorry, I guess that comes off as a little negative...I'm gonna play around with the settings a little and play-test it a bit more. Then give up again in frustration ... but really I'm just gonna wait till the next patch and complain about that when it comes.... 

but hey man, if they get this thing right and it turns out to be a good game I'll swear by it and tell everyone I know that its the sh*t.... until then I'll give my feedback straight from the hip until they get it right.

Hopefully you'll stick around for a little while longer. I've heard good things about the new FFB update and had a chance to try it out myself.

It's definitely worth booting up the game again - it completely transformed the experience for me.  I don't know when the update will go live, but when it does I suspect it will go down very well :)

Can we please have tv cameras for all of the stage replays. Would also like 1 correct main car livery
for each car hopefully the main one.

kenny

Id like to be able to get sponsored and get car customization. get more of a personal attachment to the car im driving. however you would go about getting the sponsor and then getting decals and colors, etc.  Not sure if its in the big picture of things to do, but it would be sweet.  give it that extra layer of time i can spend tuning and smiling at the car Im spending hours driving.

okay after hammering in the time i must say i do love the game to bits ! B)

now to some changes would love to see.

(1) - reverse takes to long to engage.i dont know why but you go to press it then it sort of ignores it then you have to do it again.too much time gone by then.

(2)- restarting,watching the car role in again. if you after fast times you will restart often. the amount of time you waste just watching the car getting to start line is annoying.once you done it once just make it go 3,2,1 go !

(3)- Times,Positions . currently many people cant see their positions in the world.that isnt good.the whole point to racing is trying to place.not seeing where you place or your position is so anticlimactic annoying it almost defeats the purpose of racing /rallying. if i could see my global position after each race/rally i would be happier than a pig in **** . this has to work ! i dont know why it doesnt for all at the moment but i wish more focus was put on it at the moment.its very important for the game.

(4)-camera positions in playback. the best positions actually used are only in for seconds. many people youtube twitch record.the postions that look best in recording are often close up outside the car.ideally a free cam would be perfect. also a close up side on cam. things like this could really help the game.youtube videos and twitch streams can make games. so best to have the optimal way of capturing your footage.

keep up the good work loving the game. cant keep off it . B)

dgeesi0 said:
okay after hammering in the time i must say i do love the game to bits ! B)

now to some changes would love to see.

(1) - reverse takes to long to engage.i dont know why but you go to press it then it sort of ignores it then you have to do it again.too much time gone by then.

(2)- restarting,watching the car role in again. if you after fast times you will restart often. the amount of time you waste just watching the car getting to start line is annoying.once you done it once just make it go 3,2,1 go !

(3)- Times,Positions . currently many people cant see their positions in the world.that isnt good.the whole point to racing is trying to place.not seeing where you place or your position is so anticlimactic annoying it almost defeats the purpose of racing /rallying. if i could see my global position after each race/rally i would be happier than a pig in **** . this has to work ! i dont know why it doesnt for all at the moment but i wish more focus was put on it at the moment.its very important for the game.

(4)-camera positions in playback. the best positions actually used are only in for seconds. many people youtube twitch record.the postions that look best in recording are often close up outside the car.ideally a free cam would be perfect. also a close up side on cam. things like this could really help the game.youtube videos and twitch streams can make games. so best to have the optimal way of capturing your footage.

keep up the good work loving the game. cant keep off it . B)

I agree we don't need to see the car roll in every time we restart. I also don't need the game to rev my engine for me. gtfo my engine. It bugs me >:|

Please make more forgiving ditches and focus more on road shape

Can't cut like rally cars used to in real life. If you even thought about cutting, boom, car flips and there is nothing to do. This happens in Greece and Wales. There should be lot more places where you can use ditches and cut without instant bump to nowhere. I bet that I am not there only one who curses after hitting invisible bump at the ditch and wrecked the car. These bumps are so violent and give no room to survive. I don't know if this can be corrected by adjusting dampers and/or suspension but this is really annoying. I have noticed that there is hardly any areas where ditch is not followed by bank or wall.

More unique individual stages,  not just cut road sections from 1 or 2 long road sections.

Send your stage building crew to Wellsboro Pennsylvania and have them track down a routebook for Susquehannock Trail Pro Rally to give them motivation for US stages.  Some of the best stages in the world right there.

Add more unique tracks to existing and future rallies.
Focus on the rally gamemode. It's what most people on here are asking for.

Odd suggestion here, snarky co-driver comments. (refer to Rally Trophy)

"Are those parts on the side of the road ours?"