Sign in to follow this  

Disconnecting Issues in Club Events

Hi There

We are running Two South African Clubs for Rally Events.

We have had members thats Stage Time`s didnt want to upload to the Online Servers, even myself had it happen to me once.

• Why can a log file not be kept on the members Playstation of the Stage result, until the next time the game can succesfully connect to the Server ??
  • Why does the game add either 15 Minutes or 20 minutes, depending on stage length to the poor okes time , where everyone else`s average Stage time was around 5 minutes ? Surely take at least the average/slowest okes time at least , and NOT a ridiculous time like 15 Minutes .

Basically , when this connection issue happens , your rally aspirations for the Current event is gone, through no fault of your own.

@PJTierney , I`m sure this has been brought up before, but would just like some feedback regarding this, as other than this and the White Rain issue, we are all Loving this Game alot !!!

2 hours ago, SpringbokGamer said:

Why can a log file not be kept on the members Playstation of the Stage result, until the next time the game can succesfully connect to the Server ??

For complicated reasons that I'm not aware of, and I doubt it'll be changed 🤔

2 hours ago, SpringbokGamer said:

Why does the game add either 15 Minutes or 20 minutes, depending on stage length to the poor okes time , where everyone else`s average Stage time was around 5 minutes ? Surely take at least the average/slowest okes time at least , and NOT a ridiculous time like 15 Minutes .

The system needs to give a time immediately, and taking the slowest could mean that somebody that does a Stage after you who does a slower time is even more disadvantaged.

With this in mind I believe the design philosophy being 15/20 minutes is: "What would be the absolute slowest time an AI can do, in the slowest car in the game?", and then round it up based off that to account for punctures and such.

Hi PJ

Many Thanks for the Prompt reply.

• I would think/request that the team re-look at my proposal , I know some okes have expressed the reason might be that the Log file can be edited, but surely if its encrypted that cannot happen
  • On the default 15 Minute allocation , surely there must be a better way of working out some Time for the poor oke ? Average Stage time at that point, and it can be adjusted to the final average time once the event is over , or 1 sec slower than the last finisher when all the data is in at the end of the Club event. 
  • Blanket allocation of 15/20 minutes just seems like a shortcut way to get something out in a hurry, with the constant being some okes will in every club event encounter this, a better way to mitigate it must be looked at.