F1 19| ghosting in corners?

Hi guys, I am new here and to the game. I have noticed in several online ranked races that some players go ghost in corners with a high chance of crashing / being crashed into by others (i.e at the first turn of a track). The car goes back to normal right after the dangerous corner is passed.

I have now noticed this several times so I feel like ruling out the coincidence of them disconnecting and reconnecting quickly. Are they somehow using a way to become a ghost temporarily or is this a real coicidence? 

Hello Gioshock. I'm new to the game and I'm struggling to play the sim/game on single play mode. Sorry that I can't comment on your online gameplay experience but what I've read about the antics of some online players, I won't be rushing to play any online races. 

Online is fun actually, so long as you maintain rank S. it’s just frustrating that so often you get crashed into during the first turn potentially ruining a whole race (and getting warnings and penalties). 

• Agree 1

Does your car ghosts when you exit in menu during online race? Then when you return to game you have control again. Could be they are (ab)using this to survive first lap.

That’s what I had also assumed but I tested it and it seems like the car stays “solid” when you hit “start/menu button” on PS4, which would keep it fair. I am not 100% sure about this though, maybe someone with more experience can confirm?