Sign in to follow this  

Different setups = same time

Hi all,

I'm not here to whine about it, but I'm just reaaaally curious: on time trial in F1 2019 (v1.22), am I the only one who, at some point, gets the very same time even with completely different setups ??

For example, I'm currently working my time trial setup in Hungary with Renault, with those results:

hard suspension with HARD bars = 1'17'4

hard suspension with SOFT bars = 1'17'4

SOFT suspension with soft bars = 1'17'4

SOFT suspension with hard bars = 1'17'4

Less wing F/R = 1'17'5

More wing F/R = ... 1'17'5

And I get the same thing on other tracks: at some point, no matter what setup I choose => the time will be more or less the same. It even gets funny!

Nevertheless, is there something I misunderstood, or is the game laughing at my face? 😅

Don't know if all the set ups are the same. I'm amazed those circuit times are nearly the same though. I'd  take 1"17' 5 at Hungary any day of the week!

I play with the keyboard, therefore with many assists (anti-lock brakes ON and TC on medium), so it's easier to be faster... Give me a pad and no assist, and I would probably be incapable of even turning and accelerating ! 😅

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PhenixHeaven said:

Hi all,

I'm not here to whine about it, but I'm just reaaaally curious: on time trial in F1 2019 (v1.22), am I the only one who, at some point, gets the very same time even with completely different setups ??

For example, I'm currently working my time trial setup in Hungary with Renault, with those results:

hard suspension with HARD bars = 1'17'4

hard suspension with SOFT bars = 1'17'4

SOFT suspension with soft bars = 1'17'4

SOFT suspension with hard bars = 1'17'4

Less wing F/R = 1'17'5

More wing F/R = ... 1'17'5

And I get the same thing on other tracks: at some point, no matter what setup I choose => the time will be more or less the same. It even gets funny!

Nevertheless, is there something I misunderstood, or is the game laughing at my face? 😅

there isnt enough range in the setup sliders for it to really effect the car. The sliders are just 2 or so clicks to the left or to the right. For example the camber settings range has only something like one degree of adjustment in the slider. To show how little that is,  F1 wheels camber moves more that during cornering loads. The setup options are way to numb in these games and dont change the car anywhere near enough.     

Edited by kevinkirk
spelling

11 hours ago, kevinkirk said:

there isnt enough range in the setup sliders for it to really effect the car. The sliders are just 2 or so clicks to the left or to the right. For example the camber settings range has only something like one degree of adjustment in the slider. To show how little that is,  F1 wheels camber moves more that during cornering loads. The setup options are way to numb in these games and dont change the car anywhere near enough.     

That's one less setup slider to worry about/bother to change then. What setup sliders should I bother to change? Like, what sliders make the most positive impact to driving gameplay.....especially for a noob?

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, Scrogs said:

That's one less setup slider to worry about/bother to change then. What setup sliders should I bother to change? Like, what sliders make the most positive impact to driving gameplay.....especially for a noob?

the most effective slider that shows the most change would be the downforce sliders. The camber and caster sliders might have some effect on tire wear but to me the sliders besides the downforce sliders barely change how the car feels. At least not near as much as  changing them should anyway and no combination of them effects the car enough to make it undrivable. 

Edited by kevinkirk