Sign in to follow this  

AI drivers and other questions

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to this game and I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to edit the AI drivers names? If yes, where can I do that?
2. Is it possible to manually change the class of a vehicle in order to race against cars that would normally be in another class?
3. Is it possible to have more than 12 stages per rally and more than 12 rallies per championship season?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately the answer to 1 and 2 is no ; though it depends on what championship you're running in : in the career rally there is a total of 120 (?) entrants, with only 30 in your class, so even if you aren't really competing with other classes, you still have access to a general ranking where everyone's included.

As for question 3 I'm not entirely sure but since there is only a total of 12 "different" stages (actually 2 different long stages chopped in half and run both ways) per rally location, I believe you can't have more than those 12 stages in one single rally (which is what you get in the masters' championship btw). The same goes for rallies I believe (though there are 13 locations), I actually thought it was capped at 6 events, so if it's 12 you can still get 144 stages in a single championship, which should be more than enough 🙂

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Pompelo said:

Unfortunately the answer to 1 and 2 is no ; though it depends on what championship you're running in : in the career rally there is a total of 120 (?) entrants, with only 30 in your class, so even if you aren't really competing with other classes, you still have access to a general ranking where everyone's included.

As for question 3 I'm not entirely sure but since there is only a total of 12 "different" stages (actually 2 different long stages chopped in half and run both ways) per rally location, I believe you can't have more than those 12 stages in one single rally (which is what you get in the masters' championship btw). The same goes for rallies I believe (though there are 13 locations), I actually thought it was capped at 6 events, so if it's 12 you can still get 144 stages in a single championship, which should be more than enough 🙂

First of all, thank you for your reply. I asked these questions at several places and barely anyone answered.

I don't run the career-mode, but a self-made championship with personalized rallies. There it would be nice to have real names in the results list, e.g. people like McRae, Grönholm, Burns, Mäkinen, Loeb, Sainz etc. In a self-made championship you have a limited list of 25 drivers, so for me it would be enough to be able to change these drivers names, not all the AIs that appear in the game.

As for the number of stages, you're right. But the tracks are great, it would be nice to have even more of them per rally. But that's a different type of thing.

Edited by StefanBellof90