F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Would love an official reply

I’m trying hard to understand how the game works, or is supposed to work. I just played a Grid Start race on Circuit of the Americas. Started ahead of my opponent. At the first turn, my opponent goes careening through the pack, does this “S” maneuver, seemingly hitting almost every car ahead of them, and gets into first place with no penalty. I end up rear ending one of the cars he struck and get a contact power penalty. This makes absolutely no sense. 

23 hours ago, Thornir said:

I’m trying hard to understand how the game works, or is supposed to work. I just played a Grid Start race on Circuit of the Americas. Started ahead of my opponent. At the first turn, my opponent goes careening through the pack, does this “S” maneuver, seemingly hitting almost every car ahead of them, and gets into first place with no penalty. I end up rear ending one of the cars he struck and get a contact power penalty. This makes absolutely no sense. 

You will have been racing an AI car you will have had no chance of winning. Codemasters set about 50% of your races against AI cars to peg back your progression. Its very annoying. They won’t admit it nor engage in any discussion with anyone as it will cut their revenue. That kind of **** happens all the time to me. Losing qualy races to car with lower cups and lower pi. Every time I get to 4300 to 4400 cups I lose at least 8 races in a row to AI cars pretending to be a real opponent. It’s a really shity way to con people and make them spend.