DiRT 3 - DiRT 2 Cars MOD (2nd update coming soon!)

Hi all,
I made a mod, which ADDS some DiRT 2 cars to DiRT 3. I also made the update, but you need to have basefiles and then you can use update.
Mod doesn't work online,

BUT !!!

1) Adds Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9, BMW Z4, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan 350z and more!
2) There's just 1st update out, so more updates with bugfixes and more cars are gonna come soon!

Known Bug:

For the first time your textures will look weird. Something like this:
You have to start once with modded database, take any added vehicle on track, than quit game and restart with modded database.

All cars: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 | Gymkhana
     Honda Ridgeline | Gymkhana
     Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 | Rally Open
     Mitsubishi Eclipse | Rally Open
     Pontiac Solstice | Rally Open
     BMW Z4 | Rally Open
     Nissan 350Z | Rally Open
     Subaru Impreza N12 | RallyCross
     Pontiac Solstice GXP | Trailblazer Modern (NEW!!!)

Update contains: Pontiac Solstice GXP | Trailblazer Modern
  Custom Car Tiles | All by me, so if something goes wrong, don't worry and contact me
  Car names | Changed from <db_nissan_350z_veh_sel_name> to NISSAN 350z (ex.)

Special thanks to: Cédric Cappelle - For telling me how
   BugMAN / Petr Marian - For testing whole mod and telling me some bugs I removed

Update download link:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cm2590p2ago3s/Update_2.0

@KulibobCZ  i tried the mod but the cars will not show up in the game at all, any suggestions, maybe something wrong with the database.bin ?! Anyway if you got it to work then it would be cool, i also tried it before but always had that texture problem, either the new car had weird textures or the opponents car had it. 

@hoonhead Are you sure you added the database into right folder? :D Sorry, have no idea :/ Maybe try to install back the original database and restart the computer. Than change databases for the moded one. Hopefuly it'll work.
About the textures. Never mind if you have weird textures like this. "You have to start once with modded data and restart with modded data." As you can see, the Lancer 9 Rally screenshot has a black Impreza in it. But it wasn't like this for BugMAN, so I thought the game is not working properlly to me.
Hope my suggestions helped you, cos' all of your suggestions helped ME :)

@KulibobCZ off course i did it right :-) you know me. Anyway it is still not working...i assume the new cars also show up in the menu...if it would work correctly.

@hoonhead Yes, the cars should show up in the menu. I'm really sorry, that I am not able to help you with this problem. I really don't know the reason.

stupid question, I decided to make my own database (because I want to keep using ACAT and using the liveries that I have installed), is it normal that I see a value of 980 BHP in the database for the engine power for the evo 9(rally version), when it should be closer to 330 like the Evo X ?

RookieOne said:
stupid question, I decided to make my own database (because I want to keep using ACAT and using the liveries that I have installed), is it normal that I see a value of 980 BHP in the database for the engine power for the evo 9(rally version), when it should be closer to 330 like the Evo X ?
Yes, I made it like this but I was planning to change all the physics (BHP, weight and so on). It's not compatible, you can modify the database, but don't release it anywhere, please.

Awesome mod, just tested. Cars behave as they should, they respond to tuning, cover in mud/snow/rain correctly, have additional lights in night races and liveries working well, though some have a bit sluggish controls, but I'm able to tune them alright.

As you said, on first launch textures are messed up, but on re-launch everything is fine both exterior and interior, but I noticed that default cars start to have texture problem (they look solid coloured), maybe it's just me, but it looks like game can't handle both mod cars and official ones. When I launch game having stock car selected, modded ones get messed textures again. All new cars are in new menu named "GR.N" as it should I guess?

Also I haven't figured a way to make it work with ACAT. In order to work with last official DLC I had to alter database_restrictions.xml, in this mod no such file exists. Any hints on what do I need to change in database will be appreciated.

Do you plan to work on this mod any further? 

And if you give your permission I would like to upload this mod in foreign gaming community as it is (without any changes from my side) with giving your credit (of course) and link to this page.

P.S. Having Nissan 350Z and Mitsubishi Eclipse in DIRT3 was like a dream for me, thanks for this mod, great job. It rocks!

@Maseratti‌
Thanks! And yes, I'm working on this mod but only in my free time (not much of it :neutral_face: ) and yea, they should be named GR.N :smiley: ACAT just changes database, so I have to do a new version of this mod, based on ACAT / Ultimate MOD (Made by BSY CZE). So don't worry, improvements are coming soon.

i love evo ix ,i have one in real life ,so thanks very much for this mod for dirt3,i find that nissan 350 ,driver animation ,arms not correct,maby you can fix that ,Thanks.

Maseratti said:
And if you give your permission I would like to upload this mod in foreign gaming community as it is (without any changes from my side) with giving your credit (of course) and link to this page.

That would be great! Of course I'm givin' you permissions :smiley: 

maybe this mod only works for the gfwl-edition? at least this mod was released before the steam-edition

JackKey said:
maybe this mod only works for the gfwl-edition? at least this mod was released before the steam-edition
It has worked weirdly on GFWL version, but on Steam version it shouldn't work at all. You still might be lucky, I know some people having it on Steam....

Ha3aP said:
KulibobCZ 

Hello!   
How to change a wheel?
Hello and sorry for that long delay. Which wheel do you mean? You'll need to specify the question more.

For me, the cars aren't showing up... but it says that I have 36/39 cars (ex.). Please help!!!
Hi kAR12Gaming (I assume you are Nick's fan. On the other hand I'm sorry)! Are you using the Steam version? Because if you do, you'll need to switch to GFWL version (non-steam). But if you do use the GFWL version, I'd try to reinstall the mod and make sure you installed everything in the right directory.

I've found a way to use the mod in the Steam version - you have to take the vanilla database.bin file and add all the cars manually. Then you have to edit database_restrictions.xml and add the vehicle ID's to the list.

Has anyone managed to fix the broken textures permanently? Once you do as the OP advised, the Dirt 2 cars look fine, but all the original ones are broken.

Could you tell me how you fixed the textures in GFWL version?
Also, I've encountered a problem in the Steam version - I could only add 3 extra cars to the game. The fourth one wouldn't show up as available in the menu. I've started to think of downgrading the game back to GFWL...