Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want Codemasters to focus on?

Are you happy with how Dirt Rally is now? Would you prefer if the game only had rally as the only gamemode? Do you want more modes added, then change the game title to Dirt 4? Would you like CM to focus on adding new game modes, which means development time on cars for that mode and specific tracks for that mode or would you rather have them make more unique stages and locations for future and existing rallies?

Variety is key, while I'd like to see more Rally stages like Finland, Germany and Sweden, I want to go and do some off-beat events once and awhile, all using DiRT Rally physics. Sure I can play DiRT 3 for Rallycross and Trailblazing (which is basically Hillclimb on rally stages), but it's not exactly realistic.

I bought this game for real rallying. I don't care hillclimbing, but RX is future of the rallying so I'm waiting for that to see how well they can push it out. Real (or real-like) stages with great variety is what people are interested in. Now I see that when I drive in Greece Rally it goes same corners on different stages, and it gets boring. Different road for different stage is the key.. All those expansions adding more to real rallying are welcome. Like co-op driving with friend reading pacenotes, spectating mode, lifelike rally where you have to wait your turn to sprint behind someone that have started their stage....

I would rather see more rally locations and stages per location than other game modes. Seeing as they're not limited by any WRC license (I don't believe), would love to see some ERC locations make an appearance. I mean, if it is a small project, trying to perfect 3 (or more) modes instead of one might stretch things a little thin.

dicehero said:
 Like co-op driving with friend reading pacenotes, spectating mode, 
That could be soo much fun and hilarious at the same time :)

more of everything imo, i feel all three categories are just as relevant and interesting, for some reason you decided it was impossible to like all three disciplines and didnt add that option therefore negating my vote

I want gymkhana and drifting, maybe a cool new mode where you can build the ramps and obstacles for a custom gymkhana
Nooooooooooooooo..........

Seriously though, thats what the other Dirt titles were for. I think having more of those kind of things would take away from the rally spirit that is at the core of this game. 

I'm mainly here for the rally, but I don't mind the inclusion of hillclimb events, especially if we get iconic locations like we did with Pikes Peak. Plus the inclusion of the Hillclimb cars was a welcome addition as well.

However, I couldn't care less about rallycross or anything else. Rallying is where it's at!

Core shmore, the more things available the better.
I see your point, more the merrier etc. But it doesnt exactly work that way. Making more of those other things means less of the rally disciplines because the developers only have so much time. Thats why dirt 3 had so little content under each discipline, there was just so many different things, they could only do a a handfull of tracks for each. Which I found to be very repetative and disapointing. Where as Collin Mcrae 2.0 had something like 8 countries and over 80 stages! And they were uniquely different too, not like the re-used stage parts like in Dirt Rally. This helps make a game very replayable and fun.

Things like drift and gymkhana dont really fit in this game, they belong in Dirt 4, which is no doubt coming one day, but this is definitly not that game. I'll eat my hat if either of those things ever become a part of dirt rally, because I dont think theyll ever do it.

The developers have set out to make a game that is a strong departure from the  current Dirt series and thats exactly what they are doing. Its very refreshing and a lot of people are extremly pleased that they are finally going back to their roots on this one, as many of us have ben waiting a long time.

Try to enjoy dirt rally for what it is, a very different game from the other dirt series and both have their place.

I would love to see more stages in this game, and not so much reuse of the same sectors from the different locations, as it is now it's getting too repetative.
This game really has potential to become one of the best rally games out there, we just need more tracks, and maybe an option to see at least "Friend leaderboard" before setting off on a stage, and also the option to see how far behind or in front you are of the friend thats the fastest on the perticular track / stage you are currently driving. this feature is of course not needed in Championship mode, but when you do a custom rally it would be very handy to see what sector / sectors you are the faster or the slower driver on compared to your friends, this would make the game so much more enjoyable and would definetly trigger the competative side in me and most of my friends :)

A Multiplayer option would also be very fun, and maybe hot seat events where you and your friend get together and race each other

Please focus on rally only. If someone wants rally cross just buy other Dirt Game available.

Personally don't like hill climb and would of been much happier if CM had put the time and effort into new stages/locations to rally on. I don't mind the addition of Rallycross as long as it keeps the sim roots Dirt is meant to be going for. This is Dirt Rally and not Dirt 4.

I find it hard to have any severe dislike of hillclimbing; there are as many kilometres of Pike's Peak as there are of Wales, Germany, Monte Carlo and Greece; just hope they record some notes and put it in the 'rally' section as custom events; might be easy in a modern WRC, but can't wait to try it in an S4 or 037 on it (or see how long it takes in a Mini)!

Rallycross is the one where the content doesn't really cross over as well, as the stages are obviously very different. I'd be intrigued to know the amount of time/resource that us required for an RX track compared to a rally stave though; maybe a future Road Book.

I'm stoked for Rallycross. Hillclimb I'm not that interested in but imo all three diciplines is closely related. I really see no problem.

Can I add a note that Codemasters already has a plan of what they're putting in the game? So that more than likely means they've already started working on everything, and as such I would believe their release schedule is fairly accurate as to what's going to be implemented in the game, otherwise that's wasted time and money on game assets. Although as a theoretical thread I suppose it doesn't matter much, and there's always DLC after the games released.

While I don't mind hillclimb or rx, more locations and stages for rally should be the focus. For me the other modes are fun distractions from regular rallying.

I find it hard to have any severe dislike of hillclimbing; there are as many kilometres of Pike's Peak as there are of Wales, Germany, Monte Carlo and Greece; just hope they record some notes and put it in the 'rally' section as custom events; might be easy in a modern WRC, but can't wait to try it in an S4 or 037 on it (or see how long it takes in a Mini)!

This!
How on earth I'm supposed to control an insanely powerful car (almost impossible with a controller anyway) without knowing the track or having pacenotes is a bit ridiculous.  I have no desire to build up a knowledge of all of the corners, particularly as you have to start so slowly etc.  There really needs to be a pace notes option.

I have basically stopped playing this game now. The lack of stages is real.
I am really looking forward to Finland.... But I know that will only be 2 stages again :\

Nice to see that my thread still lives!