Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you want Codemasters to focus on?

I've no interest in rally x because it's on circuits, hillclimb is fine.

I guess I most agree with your second option, but cross out that last bit of the sentence and say add more rally stages.

I like the variety they've added with different disciplines, so I guess I want them to keep doing what they're doing. Stages should remain the focus though as they're well aware.

I like Rally and Rallycross just as much as each other. They both provide lots of fun, Rally requires a lot of focus and if you make too many mistakes it can ruin your rally.

Where as with RX it's a bit more relaxed and it allows me to be more aggressive with the car. Also once the A.I are updated hopefully I will be able to have some great battles. 

I love the fact they've included Rallycross and Hillclimb. It really adds some variety and something for everyone to love. But I think that's where the addition of new modes should stop, anymore would feel like too much and more like Dirt 4.

I think we can have all 3 and everyone can be made happy. From now they should work on new rally maps and eventually new RallyX and hillclimb maps and cars.

Only the rally Part interests me. I rather you work on Unique stages rather then copy and paste pieces that we see over and over again in each stage. If all time was spend on that and just complete remove rally cross, high climb and other modes that are fun for 10 minutes and never play again it would be a fantastic rally game, I hated Dirt 1,2,3 I loved Colin Mcrae 2.0, why don't you guys edit 2 games? One called Dirt 4 for all the kids and people that like arcade and gymkhana crap and Dirt Rally that says it in the name RALLY and just focus on Rally like Richard Burns or the Marvelous Mobil 1 Rally Championship (still the best that had over 600 km of UNIQUE roads, no copy and paste and stages between 3 and 30 minutes). Each stage should really feel Unique , WRC does that same crap...

What is happening are the guys who design tracks getting lazy? as it starts to be a new plague in the last years. Colin 2.0, Richard burns, Mobil 1 and so on didn't have that sickness. it's sad because the feeling and driving is really fantastic but if we see over and over agin the same pieces we gone be bored at the speed of light, especially if more of those arcade modes are added.
Since Rally Cross it really starts to look more to a Dirt 4. I don't wan't to see that Monster logo around because it is a sign of arcade and most of the time crap style of gaming for me.

deadraque said:
Only the rally Part interests me. I rather you work on Unique stages rather then copy and paste pieces that we see over and over again in each stage. If all time was spend on that and just complete remove rally cross, high climb and other modes that are fun for 10 minutes and never play again it would be a fantastic rally game, I hated Dirt 1,2,3 I loved Colin Mcrae 2.0, why don't you guys edit 2 games? One called Dirt 4 for all the kids and people that like arcade and gymkhana crap and Dirt Rally that says it in the name RALLY and just focus on Rally like Richard Burns or the Marvelous Mobil 1 Rally Championship (still the best that had over 600 km of UNIQUE roads, no copy and paste and stages between 3 and 30 minutes). Each stage should really feel Unique , WRC does that same crap...

What is happening are the guys who design tracks getting lazy? as it starts to be a new plague in the last years. Colin 2.0, Richard burns, Mobil 1 and so on didn't have that sickness. it's sad because the feeling and driving is really fantastic but if we see over and over agin the same pieces we gone be bored at the speed of light, especially if more of those arcade modes are added.
Since Rally Cross it really starts to look more to a Dirt 4. I don't wan't to see that Monster logo around because it is a sign of arcade and most of the time crap style of gaming for me.

If you bothered to read through the forum you will see that they said the current engine can't handle long stages.

deadraque said:

If you bothered to read through the forum you will see that they said the current engine can't handle long stages.
If you bothered to look that i am a new member, you would understand that I will not go read hundreds of pages just to please you. and funny that in 2015 they can't handle it while Mobil 1 Rally Championship did it with ease. If i came here is to express what my feeling about the game not being trolled by your kind. the last ok game was colin mcrea 4 and that's about 12 years ago. Dirt Rally Is finally a good game even very good but I don't want it to become Dirt 4. That's all!

New levels and racing modes are all fine and dandy, but they really need to add clutch to the manual sequential transmission! Why have they ignored this gaping hole in the gameplay?

deadraque said:

What is happening are the guys who design tracks getting lazy? 

Making a stage in games today take a lot longer than it did before. If we ever get an answer on how long it takes to make a 6(more or less)minute stage and then look at the credits from the main menu, you can check how many leveldesigners there are working on this game.
Hiring more leveldesigners would be awesome for us consumers so we get a more fulfilling game to play with lots of more roads, but it's also  a question about costs from Codemasters side. Is it worth hiring more people? Will they earn more because of it?

Most things gamingrelated is sadly heavily dependent on $$$.

More stages and rally cars is most important in my opinion. As far as I played the game I've notice that all the stages are in the one "sandbox", the same roads, differ only in configuration. It's not a proper approach in my opinion. Since we have to forget about stages like in Mobil 1, the shorter, but more divergent stages would be very welcome.

I'd say main priority is rally, one more country (Safari or Indonesia / Malysia : something with real mud !) and a 3rd long special (with reverse and shorter variants) per country would be nice. of course 2 more countries would be even better (Australia or argentina or Mexico:D) And why not rally super special stages ?
But I'm also not against some more rallycross, as 3 tracks is really boring. 5 would be better, especially if we could have one under snow, Andros Trophy like.
HillClimb... I wouldn't mind about another track, but on the lowest priority. Making downhill avaiable and allowing other car categories on it would require less time and could bring some more fun.

What could be fun for your next game then is a more classic race game with same handling and feeling, on varied "fantasy" multisurface tracks. Kinda like Flatout, but with a slightly more realistic approach. But nor for Dirt of course.

toninus said:
What could be fun for your next game then is a more classic race game with same handling and feeling, on varied "fantasy" multisurface tracks. Kinda like Flatout, but with a slightly more realistic approach. But nor for Dirt of course.
Don't we have Wreckfest for that? They're aiming for Simcade, but it's going to be much more realistic in terms of car tuning and damage.

More rallying for me, that's what I bought into early access for.  I have no issue with Hillclimb or Rallycross but I'm just not that bothered about either of them.

Voted Closest answer:

I didn't ask for hillclimb or rallycross, I wanted it to be a pure rallygame. Give me more tracks.

My thoughts are summed up here:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/19484/my-personal-rx-feelings#latest

I would say "I like the way the game is now, but give me more tracks in rally mode" :) actually I'm enjoying Rallycross as well, but I came for rally, so wanna Finland and some snowy stages. But more content in Rallycross will be awesome too.

Klogg4 said:
I would say "I like the way the game is now, but give me more tracks in rally mode" :) actually I'm enjoying Rallycross as well, but I came for rally, so wanna Finland and some snowy stages. But more content in Rallycross will be awesome too.
Finland and Winter wonderland are both on the timeline due to be released in the near future. :)