DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Opel Ascona Wheel on wrong side?

Hi There,

the Opel Ascona is a german car with a german chamion (Walter Röhrl). Why is the Ascona a right-side Steering Car? German Cars all have the Steering Wheel on the left side!

When you search for pictures of Walter Röhrl in his championship Winning Ascona the steering wheel is on the left side.

In Dirt Rally 2 it is on the right side though....

Rossfeld2016-5212,medium.2x.1500532706.j

guess there is no option to switch the car to left hand drive? really cant handle those righthanders

Nope. Adjust or drive something else. Might be a good idea to learn to drive a car that has steering wheel on the wrong side, it's just a matter of adjusting.

The car in the game is a a UK spec car. Hence it's RHD although it's a German car

On 5/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, joxxor said:

guess there is no option to switch the car to left hand drive? really cant handle those righthanders

I have the same problem, I love this car but I find it very difficult to adjust to right hand drive. Same with Lancer Evo X and RS200 for that matter. I wish we could switch between RHD/LHD versions.

Switching would require 2 different versions of the car to be acquired, researched, modeled and approved. It's not feasible really.

You'll also notice this in other racing games too. Forza Horizon 4 is set in the UK but as most of the source cars came from American owners (Turn 10 modeled many of them in previous titles) they're left-hand drive. 

Along similar lines, why is the Manta LHD? The car on the game is ADZ 4330 which is very much RHD. Did you model a totally different car and sticker it up into ADZ 4330's "Andrews Heat for Hire" livery? Just curious.