Jump to content Jump to content

Reversing the vehicle reflection downgrade F1 2019

BiohazardBGR

Hi guys I was displeased with the reflection downgrade in f1 2019 post-launch with the latest patch. The reflections were downgraded from ultra-high to high for stability, but I did not have any trouble before the patch. I saw in steam someone suggested you can enable the ultra preset via console command, anyone knows how I can do that? I don't know how to enable the console commands and I did not find a way to enable them.

Maybe they can be enabled in the hardware_settings_config.xml but if CM removed the code that does it, no amount of adjusting will bring it back.

Never really ran the game in Ultra so would only get a bastardised HWSC anyway.

Troubleshooting will tell you where that file is. No guarantees.

13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Maybe they can be enabled in the hardware_settings_config.xml but if CM removed the code that does it, no amount of adjusting will bring it back.

I search the files but I did not see any setting for resolution if course I can add the same line from f1 2018 because the engine is the same and the settings.

It's nothing to do with resolution. The hardware_settings_config.xml sets the parameters for the game engine (a bit like an .ini file).

BUT if the actual game code has the reflections muted then no amount of instructing the engine to do differently will work.

You can add the lines from F1 2018 if you like. It won't change the line above.

Do let me know if you have any luck though 🙂

✌
1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

It's nothing to do with resolution. The hardware_settings_config.xml sets the parameters for the game engine (a bit like an .ini file).

BUT if the actual game code has the reflections muted then no amount of instructing the engine to do differently will work.

You can add the lines from F1 2018 if you like. It won't change the line above.

Do let me know if you have any luck though 🙂

I paste some missing lines from 2018 and a new graphic option appears but this time as custom not ultra-high. Unfortunately, it disappeared if you change the graphic settings. Its shame codies decide to downgrade the game instead of fixing the crashing issues linked to the reflections. All of the other F1 games have working reflections I wish I can revert this change but no luck even downgrading the version by steam depots to 1.21 its not possible what a shame.

17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

This is what I meant. You change the in-game settings and it makes the HWSC only take the 'doctored' line.

But even with a custom script, it didn't work. Thing is, even if what you had done had worked, you couldn't have complained if it crashed - likely from all accounts, because your configuration would have been unsupported.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Another thing I notice is after the downgrade the reflections are in 30 fps and its very annoying to see them stutter, this is tide to the high setting I hope 2020 will be free from this issue. 

I wouldn’t hold your breath or waste your money.

Archived