Sign in to follow this  

DIRT RALLY FORCE FEEDBACK UPDATE

Accuforce wheel still does not work properly or have the Advanced menu. I know there is not a specific profile made for the wheel yet but please Rally Devs, program a generic driver like in every other Race game that just detects a Microsoft Direct-X Direct Input compliant wheel. Even in very old games like Richard Burns Rally I can setup my Accuforce without any problems. 

Did some tinkering around for my Logitech GT Driving Force FFB options, I think I found my ideal setup, very pleased with the Self aligning torque feedback option, that stuff made so much more sense, I feel like I'm actually driving the car and I'm feeling it's behaviour. Awesome!

Whilst I love this game and commend you guys loads for your work and updates,

I have spent a fair amount of time on my Custom Sim Setup trying multiple different setup's on the FFB . When you have to move the steering from left  to right between 11 & 1 o'clock in order to feel where the wheels are ... that's bad !!. The update still needs a lot of work. FFB needs a baseline constant resistance which lets you feel the wheels, then on top of that you have the " special effects " such as bumps / slipping etc .. without that constant the wheel feels unrealistically loose especially in the 11 - 1 o'clock range and you never actually feel connected to the car or road surface.

No car road or race has a steering wheel that you can whip round as quick as you can within this game

All other racing sims have this constant .. AC / PCARS ..even  RBR It may be due to the fact there is no official support yet for the G27 .. but i highly doubt it. I have played SIMS for 10's of years and worked on real world driver training aids .. the FFB in this needs work to feel correct.

Please add a baseline constant to the FFB and then we can tweak the rest of the effects over the top of it. Great work though ... keep it up ... looking forward to the rally cross & germany stages

BORDER said:
Whilst I love this game and commend you guys loads for your work and updates,

I have spent a fair amount of time on my Custom Sim Setup trying multiple different setup's on the FFB . When you have to move the steering from left  to right between 11 & 1 o'clock in order to feel where the wheels are ... that's bad !!. The update still needs a lot of work. FFB needs a baseline constant resistance which lets you feel the wheels, then on top of that you have the " special effects " such as bumps / slipping etc .. without that constant the wheel feels unrealistically loose especially in the 11 - 1 o'clock range and you never actually feel connected to the car or road surface.

No car road or race has a steering wheel that you can whip round as quick as you can within this game

All other racing sims have this constant .. AC / PCARS ..even  RBR It may be due to the fact there is no official support yet for the G27 .. but i highly doubt it. I have played SIMS for 10's of years and worked on real world driver training aids .. the FFB in this needs work to feel correct.

Please add a baseline constant to the FFB and then we can tweak the rest of the effects over the top of it. Great work though ... keep it up ... looking forward to the rally cross & germany stages

I have been messing with the FFB and have found "enabling the centre spring" and setting it to around 40% in the Logitech profiler helps me with the 11-1 o'clock light feel.

Spokster said:
Did some tinkering around for my Logitech GT Driving Force FFB options, I think I found my ideal setup, very pleased with the Self aligning torque feedback option, that stuff made so much more sense, I feel like I'm actually driving the car and I'm feeling it's behaviour. Awesome!
I would really like to hear your settings! Have been tinkering myself and would like to see and test what kind settings others use  :)

I have problems with finding good balance with wheel weight. I would like it to feel realistic that when you drive faster it is easier to turn than in slow speed. For me too stiff means slower times. Of course problem might be my driving and not ffb   :p

DIRT RALLY FFB SETTINGS - LOGITECH G27 + THA8 SHIFTER

Here are my current settings, I have found to help improve the feel of DR. it's not perfect but IMO feels better than stock FFB

ADVANCED WHEEL OPTIONS

STEERING DEADZONE - 0%
STEERING SATURATION - 100%
STEERING LINEARITY - 2

VIBRATION & FEEDBACK

SELF ALIGNING TORQUE - 85%
WHEEL FRICTION - 120%
TYRE FRICTION - 120%
SUSPENSION - 20%
TYRE SLIP - 20%
COLLISION - 20%
SOFT LOCK - 0%

LOGITECH PROFILER SETTINGS

OVERALL STRENGTH EFFECTS - 100%
SPRING STRENGTH EFFECT - 150%
DAMPER STRENGTH EFFECT 70%
ENABLE CENTRE SPRING - 150%
DEGREES OF ROTATION - 320°

TuliRally said:
Spokster said:
I would really like to hear your settings! Have been tinkering myself and would like to see and test what kind settings others use  :)

I have problems with finding good balance with wheel weight. I would like it to feel realistic that when you drive faster it is easier to turn than in slow speed. For me too stiff means slower times. Of course problem might be my driving and not ffb   :p
I do drive a bit unrealistic though, for one, I'm using 270 degrees steering, not 540, and the wheel weight is not that much (I'm not very muscular), if I race karts for half an hour I'll feel a great deal of pain in my arms, so if I put it on realistic, I wouldn't be able to drive this game realistically for more then 2 hours, and I don't have a decent seat yet, will order it next week (sitting in an office chair with wheels, continuously rolling away from my gas and brakepedals, but here are my settings:

Logitech GT Driving Force advanced settings:

TuliRally said:
Spokster said:

Tyre friction does what you are asking for. The slower you are the stiffer it feels. You need to have damper activated in drivers though for wheel/tyre friction to have any effect!

Thank you for your help Spokster and Bogani (and everybody else posting your settings). I will post my settings too as soon as i have a good setup! I will test your settings out tomorrow or as soon as i get to play again. And i think i will give a a good tinkering for that Tyre Friction settings to find a perfect spot! And i need to test that lower degrees of turn also. 

I found out i got quickest times with something similar you have Spokster, but it was unpredictable when i first had Suspension etc. set to 35% . Now i have almost same as you except Suspension 120% and Tyre Slip at 115%. Which seems to give it more predictable steering. Somehow never tried 65% :neutral:. Will do!

From logitech profiler i have 540 degrees, but found out smaller i go better time i get so maybe i really need to consider lowering it (i'm in torn between realism which i want and good stage times).
I have also Overall, Spring and Damper at 100 %
No centering spring

Couple weird things about FFB ( devs or someone have any thoughts about this or am i just imagine things :D ) and have anybody noticed similar things?
-If set everything in FFB settings (in-game) at high percentage around 100% or everything at about 65% i get about same strength of FFB effects. But that 100% feels more muffled and messy versus 65 % more sharp, accurate and "cleaner" feeling. And with some lower settings being applied to some sections of ffb, differences in stregth will become more apparent and some will even feel stronger. 
I understand though that more info you want get from you little wheel there is bound to be some overlapping. Is it that overlapping or is there some effects cancelling others out.

- When using full rotation from profiler and using soft lock makes FFB feeling messy and not so sharp VS. No soft lock even with steering having same degrees of turn and same ffb settings (like 720 or 540)

Question:
What are most crucial effects to get from your wheel and what info you get from real wheel in real Rally car? 

Thanks!

Yeah, my settings are a slightly adjusted setting which I took from Bettalines, mainly because I use a different steering wheel and I had a different experience with it, but this seems pretty well worth it.

Only weird experience I notice is that when I have my steering degrees set to 270 as I use normally, it handles great, can do easy steering without breaking a sweat, but when I put it on 540 degrees in the profiler (and rebooting the game), my steering is super heavy and Torque steer aligning doesn't work, feedback doesn't work, basically nothing of the FFB works, which I find odd, I'll test it again tomorrow, maybe I missed something but I switched back to 270 degrees, just feels nicer.

As for your question: I don't really race a rally car, I do have a small track car for track days, but it's hardly the same :smile: 

Let me know how the settings work out for you TuliRally :smiley:

well done Codemasters......
u managed to fuck a decent game completely up.
Now i have either no ffb or way!!!!!! way!!! to much ffb and there is no way i can fix it  ...
Loved it way more before the ffb update -.-

well done Codemasters......
u managed to fuck a decent game completely up.
Now i have either no ffb or way!!!!!! way!!! to much ffb and there is no way i can fix it  ...
Loved it way more before the ffb update -.-
It's just a matter of setting up the FFB the way you want it, depending on what steering wheel you are using,
I had too much FFB aswell after the update, but a simple setting change is all it needed, try and find other people that use the same wheel you have,
and see what settings the use for games.

The old console style wheel support was really bad. It makes the driving really hard because of the weird ffb effects + low steering angle = imprecise driving and the steering felt always non linear.

Now it felt like it should be and the car control is very good. I really hope that this will be a major part by default in future CM games. And i would love to see this update also in GRiD Autosport but i think this will be a dream of me ^^

hey, where do i download the logitech momo patch Patch V 04.5?
10X and btw, my code masters games (dirt and grid) does not recognize my momo but windows do.
any suggestion?