DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Car of the Week

Car of the Week is, as the name implies, a weekly series where we showcase the many great cars from DiRT Rally 2.0 🙂 

A new car is chosen every Tuesday, with a short video of it in action. Keep an eye out for each new car, and share your experiences below 🙂 

While the Polo was the best car in real, in the game its not the fastest. Though I had some fun online races with it 🙂

Missing the good old (real RX Supercar) Marklund Polo though

• Like 1

I like the Polo, think it's the best looking of the '18 cars.

I rarely play with the '18 cars any more though, I always go for the '19s.

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I like the Polo, think it's the best looking of the '18 cars.

Yeah, it is my favourite looking '18 car, I think the PSRXVW livery works so well on that car.

As @JorritVD has already alluded to, it is a shame that the car isn't as quick as it should be in DR2.0 (and that the engine configuration was never fixed!).

• Agree 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, PJTierney said:

That's why I made the suggestion once to have a combined 2018 and 2019 Supercar class, at least for custom. Than people can choose online also for the Polo and Impreza, but also to choose different specs, and have f.e. a Red Bull Audi against a Monster Energy Audi 😄 For the eSports it also makes a bit more sense as than Gizzy not need to be with the Hansen 208, but also can go with Ekstrom's Red Bull livery. 

13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

That's why I made the suggestion once to have a combined 2018 and 2019 Supercar class, at least for custom. Than people can choose online also for the Polo and Impreza, but also to choose different specs, and have f.e. a Red Bull Audi against a Monster Energy Audi 😄 For the eSports it also makes a bit more sense as than Gizzy not need to be with the Hansen 208, but also can go with Ekstrom's Red Bull livery. 

That'd be cool but I imagine the World RX license prohibits this. There's also the performance gap.

Forza Motorsport 7 did it with IndyCar by having the 2017 and 2018 models in the same Division, but the '17s are faster pretty much everywhere which gives you no reason to use the '18s.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

That'd be cool but I imagine the World RX license prohibits this. There's also the performance gap.

Probably has more to do with the license than the performance gap. Rn Tz did almost identical (WR) laptimes.

image.png.7748e86e7a4487e2be402eb83458ec95.png

It is just that the 2018 Megane is faster than the 2019 Megane, which actuelly is also true in real life. Backiuska drove the Prodrive build 2018 spec car (with prodrive engine) and was overall quicker with it than Marklund/Chicherit in their G-Fors updated and with Oreca engined cars. And the Pug are the other way around. The 2019 cars are faster than the 2018 cars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Is it me, or is there a preference for german manufacturers here...

#conspiracy theories insert here

The first 3 are easy, content featuring them gets approved faster than other cars for some reason 😉 

After that, just coincidence as things come in for variety, like having more RX, FWD etc.

Later on, I have chosen some cars/Stages based on real-world events, like anniversaries of when that car won in WRC/WRX.

An obvious example would be featuring Colin's '95 Impreza on the week Wales Rally would have been held that year.

Another would be when the Fiat 131 Abarth won Rally Poland in the early 70s.