2020 update is here

4 hours ago, PB111 said:

I wish there was a way of acknowledging good drivers, I just had one grid start where my opponent accidentally clipped me, he slowed down off the racing line to let me go past. You don’t see that very often.

That would be great, and it would be nice if it could factor into the safety rating. Or maybe a way to indicate preferred opponents for the server?  I enjoy this game a lot when I get someone who is clearly trying to race hard, and maybe we bump while jockeying for position or avoiding AI cars, but they aren’t a-holes smashing into everything trying to ensure a win. 

I have actually started to observe they seem to have put the real drivers’ aggressiveness in their AI counterparts. While I find AI drivers like Kimi, Bottas, Norris, Sainz calm, others are as aggressive as the real drivers like Hamilton, Leclerc, Verstappen, Vettel. This might be done to make it a bit realistic. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

I have actually started to observe they seem to have put the real drivers’ aggressiveness in their AI counterparts. While I find AI drivers like Kimi, Bottas, Norris, Sainz calm, others are as aggressive as the real drivers like Hamilton, Leclerc, Verstappen, Vettel. This might be done to make it a bit realistic. 

Ferrari AI still drives like granny and destroys so many races.  It holds you up in the corners and straights.  When you get close or try to overtake, it gives you the infamous tap.  Then you either hit the wall or go off track and hand the win to your opponent.  So frustrating every time you are behind a red car.

Edited by mobileracingfan

If you can find the right assist settings etc, it’s a balance between what things used to be before the last update and the last update. So, braking is more important. Your driving skills become more important again and ramming into one another has been reduced. At least for now. Am sure the usual nutcases who think this a game of bumper cars will find a way to ruin the bliss. 

12 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

Ferrari AI still drives like granny and destroys so many races.  It holds you up in the corners and straights.  When you get close or try to overtake, it gives you the infamous tap.  Then you either hit the wall or go off track and hand the win to your opponent.  So frustrating every time you are behind a red car.

I agree. The Ferraris tend to go slower than the Williams of the real world. Bogged down soooooo many times by them right on the racing line. While we were happy that AI cars aren't needlessly aggressive anymore, here we have Ferraris go needlessly slow. Smh!

Worst session so far with the new update. The crazies are back with a few races taken out at the 1st corner. 
Increased AI aggression. Not so easy overtaking now. And yes, brake checking granny drivers....

but overall, still a tad better than before. 

You won't get close races, either win big or lose big and nothing in between.  It's impossible to play catch up now if you make any small mistake.  Your opponent will gain massive amount of time in an instant.