2020 update is here

Just did some practice runs in Suzuka. Slippery and extra braking required. Turn 17 seems bugged. Well on track but got hit with corner cut. 
Clean run still 6-7s off my usual timings of 1m22s
need to relearn all the tracks and changes in R&D + assists. 

Posted (edited)

Everything changed with my car. Braking is horrible, speed has dropped, now have to relearn all tracks. On top of all of that they also added more time required to open research boxes. 2 hour box now takes 4 hours and the four hour box now takes 6. I am sure they added more garbage to try to convince you to spend money. I have been playing this game just short of two months and I may be done. 

Edited by GDG287

The Official cars are just reskined custom cars... 😂 

Looks like we have to relearn everything. I used to just use 1 setup on all tracks (aero maxed out) but I can already see that different setups for different tracks are essential.

I though they were going to change the assists But they are exactly the same as before. 

The car feels so slow and drives like a boat.  My lap times are off 5-10s.  So depressed.  Why do they keep screwing with us? :classic_sad:

Lots of bugs too, just did a qualifying duel which I clearly lost got awarded a win with a dnf for the opponent.

On the plus side, some of the tracks look better now and at the moment it’s easier to see if you’re racing against an AI, they’re the ones that are staying on track perfectly 🙂

Maybe, “Physics” actually means that you can’t build a car with NO BRAKES and expect to perform perfectly?  Perhaps, we were a bit spoiled that we could build competitive cars up until this point by ignoring that facet of the build?  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PLAYADELWES said:

Maybe, “Physics” actually means that you can’t build a car with NO BRAKES and expect to perform perfectly?  Perhaps, we were a bit spoiled that we could build competitive cars up until this point by ignoring that facet of the build?  

I increased the brakes from 0 to over 100 but still no brakes and slammed into the wall at Baku LOL.

Edited by mobileracingfan

Zandvoort is listed in my Track Records but in the track list no Zandvoort track!!

It seems we can't afford to keep Braking at ZERO anymore. I improved my Canada qualifying time by 2 secs. only when I began braking even before the braking line to slow the car enough to turn. But I'm more worried about street circuits. Need to increase braking now.

Much better. AI cars seem better. Your braking input needs to be better and longer. Opponents don’t seem to ram you up the ass because they out brake themselves and come off before they hit you and take you out. It’s more of a challenge and if your no good cheating won’t help. So far so good for me. 😀

This feels more in line with the F1 2019 game. With the setups according to the nature fo the tracks and the braking to be more hard and longer, more realistic. Though, the initial irritation of consistently missing the braking point remains. 😛 

What brake number are you guys running?  It seems I need to brake A LOT earlier (no later than "yellow" on the racing line) than before at 100-ish.

I’ve set up for the 3 different types or circuits and what I can see so far is that if you use the wrong setup for a circuit you pay for it.

the report button is a bit better now, with more specific information you can give about the offending driver. Mind you it hasn’t stopped the die hards,  I just got smashed on purpose just before the end at Monza for a DNF 🙂

Now I’m losing more qualifying races than sprints/grids. Seems like the AI timings are based on pre-updates. 
only good thing so far is the less aggro AIs. 

6 hours ago, PB111 said:

the report button is a bit better now, with more specific information you can give about the offending driver.🙂

Same BS button for reporting to the black hole.

The cheats are back in full force.  When you have to brake early and hold it before a corner due to the new physics you are like a sitting duck waiting to be taken out because you can no longer take a corner fast.

Posted (edited)

The extra momentum due to the “Physics” also proves to be too much for the corner-cut penalties; especially around certain chicanes.  Not just Monico anymore, but also final turns at Silverstone, and Japan are prime for passing when you are behind.

*edit: doesn’t just have to be the chicanes.  Can cut straight across the grass at Becketts

Edited by PLAYADELWES

10 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

Same BS button for reporting to the black hole.

Maybe, but when I reported someone, the message came up saying that they would review it and issues a warning if it was warranted.

if that’s true they’ll need to hire more people because they’re going to be flooded with reports.

Assist question:

What's the difference between:

"Low"

and

"Custom" (no braking / no steering / low stability)?

Aren't they the same thing?

I must say, I’m enjoying the new version of the game so far, maybe because everyone is still at the learning stage but I’m up over 1000 points from before the update. I don’t think the AI cars are as reckless as before and the bad drivers are still trying to figure out the setup and not disrupting too much yet. Let’s hope it lasts.

I wish there was a way of acknowledging good drivers, I just had one grid start where my opponent accidentally clipped me, he slowed down off the racing line to let me go past. You don’t see that very often.

• Agree 2

I did that once before but totally misjudged it and ended up 3 seconds behind with half a lap to go 🙈