Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix

Apparently both Verstappen and Sainz are on a wet setup... Could get really interesting if it rains. Fingers crossed. 

There isn't going to be any rain because God hates F1 and he hates us, so I'm going to just cry as much as possible and hope the condensation reaches Spielberg by the time the race starts.

Damn, that track is sooooo wet. Surprised they're not starting under the safety car.

Rosberg deserved that, he's been quickest all weekend. I won't lie, I was hoping that vibration would make him stop o:) Hamilton hasn't been on it all weekend really, then made a very rookie error crossing that white line. I still can't understand how he managed to do that. Really happy for Massa, especially as he was holding off a Ferrari who treated him like crap for many years.

Disappointed with the result but Rosberg deserved that. The race was quite entertaining too which made a change!

No further action between Kimi and Fernando.

Had a blast on the circuit today, the cars are still spectacular and the sound even though a lot more quiet is still pretty good, but only when they go right past you. There's no evil build up of a monster coming closer and closer to you like back in the V10/V8-era. The action on track was pretty good too from where I was sitting, especially the battle between Maldonado and Verstappen at the end. Can't believe Maldonado didn't smash into the barrier twice given how loose his back end has been - even though he was on a straight line. The crowd was laughing their asses off everytime he was on the verge of disaster, so they surely know him and his driving very well by now. 

The moment of the day for me was a scene before the race. As you might have seen there has been a pre-race consisting of former F1 drivers and just before they got going Niki was being interviewed while sitting in his 1984 McLaren. Prost was imitating him and as Niki saw that, he showed him the finger with the coolest badass-smile I've ever seen from a 60+ year old. 

Shame about the result but Lewis was not on it from FP1 onwards. Expecting him to be stronger in Silverstone. 

Hughesy said:
Rosberg deserved that, he's been quickest all weekend. I won't lie, I was hoping that vibration would make him stop o:) Hamilton hasn't been on it all weekend really, then made a very rookie error crossing that white line. I still can't understand how he managed to do that. Really happy for Massa, especially as he was holding off a Ferrari who treated him like crap for many years.
The people who treated him like crap are not even there anymore, God knows why they kept going on about it. 

zzzz another dull one. I skipped through half of it.
That was the best race of the season for me, action throughout somewhere, a huge crash and a nail biting finish!

fIsince08 said:
That was the best race of the season for me, action throughout somewhere, a huge crash and a nail biting finish!
It wasn't as good as Malaysia for me. I think it was the fact there wasn't anything happening up the front for the first 5 or 6 places. It was all near the midfield.

fIsince08 said:
It wasn't as good as Malaysia for me. I think it was the fact there wasn't anything happening up the front for the first 5 or 6 places. It was all near the midfield.
Ah I never watched Malaysia live, so didn't get the same excitement as I knew the result. Still one of the best though imo.

Of course, the fact that that was the second best race of the season says a lot about the season as a whole...

Could be the same for my really. I was out at the cinema while the race was on and annoyingly the F1 App gave me a notification saying 'Rosberg beats Hamilton to victory in Austria'...

And yeah, says a lot doesn't it. Silverstone it is for the cracker!