Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix

Yooddlee eeeh eeee hoooo!

Yes, Formula 1 returns to Austria for the eighth round of this 2015 season, and it's at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg.

Mercedes and Williams should be strong this weekend, if last season is anything to go by, but don't count out Ferrari either! Nico Hulkenberg also returns as the reigning Le Mans 24 Hours winner, which will no doubt be a key talking point of the weekend.

I thought I'd share a piece of work I've been working on the last couple of nights, which is an edit of the circuit.

I've basically taken the original Red Bull Ring and edited some of the corners slightly. I'd say half the circuit is as it was, but I've added and changed a few corners to hopefully aid overtaking, and also to give the cars a bit more of a workout!

I've also done a version of the track with the external service roads, grandstands, trees and fields.

What do you think? Do you like the circuit design? And also what do you think to the general style I've used in this illustration?

Personally not a fan of the new layout, but that's some awesome work.

Will this be the only race of the year where track limits are actually a thing?

Epic illustrations, really well done. However, i think your new layout loses some of the 'flow' that i actually really like. Personally, i never really likes turn 2 and to a lesser extent 3; frustratingly slow compared to the rest.

I love the flow of turns 5,6,7,8 and 9, but apart from those i suppose i would mind the rest of the changes.

Layout looks similar.to Silverstone in the fact that there's.multiple different tracks. But I.prefer the old layout faster corners

Going to attend the race. It's going to be the first time since Hungary 2006, so I'm a bit nervous about the sound. Those V8's sounded so damn good back in 06. 

Please be good please be good please be good please be good. Circuit looks pretty good, would be pretty good for an endurance series!

Vettel and Massa looking real good, it looks like this race could be very exciting with Mercedes not being anywhere near as dominant as they normally are. Hopefully Massa's race pace is as good as it seemed in practice and Vettel isn't hurt from that gearbox problem in FP2.

Then again, if it's raining like it is now, that would just turn everything upside down. Unless the Mercedes' are suddenly dominant in the rain because of raisins and the rain ruins everything for a change.

Sainz and Verstappen seemingly quick in the wet btw. That could be fun.

Jiggy said:
Then again, if it's raining like it is now, that would just turn everything upside down. Unless the Mercedes' are suddenly dominant in the rain because of raisins and the rain ruins everything for a change.

Sainz and Verstappen seemingly quick in the wet btw. That could be fun.
Damn those raisins. 

They may as well have changed the entire PU and start from the pits without a race penalty.

Platy said:
So Button will start 42nd on the grid?
The penalty will carry over to the next races.
No, he drops to the back and has a traditional 10 second stop go penalty for the race.

Well, maybe this means they're both in trouble at the first two corners tomorrow, that sounds exciting, right? Right?
Oh wait, these are specialized quali tyres, isn't it? Just why? I hope they eliminate each other and we get rain tomorrow.

Man, what a disappointment. Vettel 3 tenths off Hamilton when he's being matching the Mercedes on qualifying pace all weekend :/ Ferrari have the pace in the races but they need to start at least splitting the Mercedes in qualifying, otherwise they have a two car buffer to the lead and the second car can always just react to whatever Ferrari do. 

Nico should've been on pole there though, but he dropped the ball. Unless he gets Hamilton in turn 1, Lewis has the race stitched up. 

I thought it was over when Lewis binned it, and Nico was purple after sector 2. Then he mucked it up in the last corner, wahey!!

F1 needs a good race to happen, fast, so lets hope it's tomorrow or Silverstone in 2 weeks.

I thought it was over when Lewis binned it, and Nico was purple after sector 2. Then he mucked it up in the last corner, wahey!!

F1 needs a good race to happen, fast, so lets hope it's tomorrow or Silverstone in 2 weeks.
Yes please!