Just understeer

Currently at League 2. Updated last night to 2020 version, played about 15 mins and gave up as it's absolutely horrible.

Using my saved setups, massive understeer in any slow to mid-speed corner, can't turn in to save my life... My times are now off at least 4-5 seconds minimum from previous.

Cars now very poorly responsive, as if on extra soft springs, like driving a boat. 

Not good at all. Any suggestion to improve setups welcome.

You'll need to improve your braking. It's a lot realistic and hence, tougher now to navigate corners and chicanes at high speeds. Also, the track limits are stricter. Brake a lot earlier at corners and chicanes and steer accordingly. Don't worry about the slow pace of the car at corners. Everyone is slower there. Even your opponent will be in Duel.

You can change your setups according to the tracks, but we're still exploring how effective it is. Some people have found it helpful, others haven't.

Rest, be patient and try and don't give up for the first 10-15 races on the tracks in Single mode to make sure you re-learn the braking and steering. Lap times are down by 2-5secs for everyone now.

Cheers!

I have deduced that if you improve aero then turn in on fast corners is good.  However, turn in on slow corners and breaking on slow corners is woolly without handling boosted.   Just like the real thing! 😳

Thank you all for the suggestions above. Yes I did notice the braking needs a very different approach....I loaded up braking much more than in previous version and things have somewhat improved. As well as aero and handling. So I am relearning all the tracks. 

As an aside, did only one duel in the new game which I won - an hilarious lap of singapore where it came down to who managed to go wide less in most corners.... I guess we are all relearning eh....

So much understeer this week it's horrible. Nothing like last week or 2019. 

Practise, practise, practise.  You need to memorize the best braking point at every corner.  Brake early at "yellow" and work your way toward the "red" zone.

Especially at the hairpins and Wall of Champions approach chicane in Canada, pretty much the whole of sector 1 in Baku and China hairpins.