Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 GamePlay at E3!

alexbishop44

Austin Gameplay - http://youtu.be/FzriCCg8964

Austin Wheel Gameplay - http://youtu.be/DiCVol9S1yo

Canada in the WET! - http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_f1_2015_e3_canada_gameplay-34979_en.html

Mexico Gameplay - http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_f1_2015_e315_gameplay_2-34939_en.html

Monaco Gameplay - http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_f1_2015_e315_gameplay_1-34938_en.html

I will add more to this first post as they become available! So keep checking back!
In the first Austin video, the AI look just as bad as older games. No defending position. Sainz had an overtake done on the back straight lap 1 but decided to brake at 500m just like 2014. 
When the player spun, nobody overtook him. You can see all the other cars gathering in his mirrors. Nobody went for a gap?
less than impressed so far...

Ye I have to agree this is even less than I was expecting and I wasnt expecting much tbh. The AI are worse in this vid (first) than the other 2 I watched in another thread and I thought they were just as bad in those as the last 5 games. I watched 3/4 of a lap and decided that was enough as if I didnt know it was 2015 gameplay Id say it was a 2014 vid :( Really hate the cockpit cams in the gameplay vids ive seen also, for me it is to high and the cars just look ugly for some reason. Like I said in another thread least we all got Pcars this year as I cant see who would want this game over that when it looks the same game as we had on last gen! I now finally know what codemasters meant when they said they were cooking up a storm on next gen! They know what this forum will be like after release ;)
My guess is they have the demo set up on beginner mode to appeal to casual players and press so as not to make the game seem miserably difficult. I doubt there are many hard-core F1/sim racing fans attending E3.
That is the excuse since 2010 and we've always been disappointed by the actual game.
@Tourgott
And you've all stuck around regardless? Impressive! Something tells me many of you will be buying this
game in spite of your disdain or any other F1 substitute you've got. Looking forward to the same convo this time next year :D
I won't buy it. I bought it year after year because I was a huge F1 fan until they switched to these awful V6. Now I'm still lurking around here because of the same reason I'm still watching F1. I still have hope that it gets better in the future.
Tourgott said:
@Tourgott
And you've all stuck around regardless? Impressive! Something tells me many of you will be buying this
game in spite of your disdain or any other F1 substitute you've got. Looking forward to the same convo this time next year :D
I won't buy it. I bought it year after year because I was a huge F1 fan until they switched to these awful V6. Now I'm still lurking around here because of the same reason I'm still watching F1. I still have hope that it gets better in the future.

Exactly! Just because we come here doesnt mean we will buy a game. You ever think it was the F1 fan in all us that made us buy and play F1 in the first place? Not that I need to explain myself to diffuser but this is the only gaming forum I visit because my love for F1 made me play all the others to death and still makes me want a F1 game that is true to the sport we all watch. This year the F1 is so boring im telling myself to keep watching incase something good happens and nothing does so in that respect codies are alot like the 2015 season imo :) Guess  we will see on release who was wrong but for now me and many others wont be buying on day one like we have since 2010 first gave us hope of a great F1 game in the future  
Well based on these videos it just looks like a higher res F120XX game, still feels and looks soulless, the AI still look like they behave in exactly the same way they always have done especially the way they pulled out of the move when the AI had the corner,

Nothing I've seen in these vids  have swayed me to buy this.
To my eyes the graphics are vastly improved and environments are much more detailed and crisp looking.
The biggest step will hopefully be consistent 60fps - ever since I moved to PC gaming the higher framerate has made a huge difference to me and I'm sure it will do the same to console players.
Getting a consistent 60fps in Monaco in the wet with 20 cars will be a true test of how optimised the game ends up.

The best the F1 team could do is to make it almost real and to me it does. I look forward to seeing some wet weather gameplay and direct feed footage, not off-screen.

Still, games still look their best when they're displayed directly on your screen ;]

There's no way of judging the most important thing: the handling.
There's no point assessing AI or damage: on such shows the AI is usually set to low difficulty and damage is cosmetic.

Hopefully, with the game being nearly complete Codies will send out some preview builds for direct capture footage and impressions.

Seeing these videos made more optimistic about the game, but not yet enough to buy in on Day 1.
I dunno, to be honest 60fps in driving games still looks and feels weird to me... I'm used to a lifetime of watching motorsports on TV at 25fps, so however much I try, I just can't shake the mindset of wanting my motorsport games to look *exactly* like the TV coverage :)
I dunno, to be honest 60fps in driving games still looks and feels weird to me... I'm used to a lifetime of watching motorsports on TV at 25fps, so however much I try, I just can't shake the mindset of wanting my motorsport games to look *exactly* like the TV coverage :)
Roflcopter fully operational.

Ok chap you may continue watching yout TV coverage then lol

Some people...
Good morning.
First, do not know if you noticed, but they are playing in a Xbox1, already they said they would not go to 60 fps.
Second, unlike the steering wheel rotates years more.
Third, the graphic quality, although not a direct recording, it looks great.
Finally, let CM finished their work and some more reference. I do not think it's right to judge the work without knowing all the details of their creators.
PUCHALT said:
Good morning.
First, do not know if you noticed, but they are playing in a Xbox1, already they said they would not go to 60 fps.
Finally, let CM finished their work and some more reference. I do not think it's right to judge the work without knowing all the details of their creators.
That said it would be 60fps just at 900p rather then 1080p
mmpaw37 said:

@LiteralZero, Can you say whether its possible to disable the 'Auto-centering Steering' at all...?

You know, when you turn the steering wheel it stops where you put it, rather than return to the center...

THX!

Where did you gather that such a thing happens?

I guess for pad controllers the wheel position matches joystick position, so it will return to centre when a player lets go of the joystick.

With wheels the wheel will remain where the player holds it. If they implemented the FFB correctly the wheel will straighten itself as the player pulls away and the player lets go of it.

Has anyone seen any E3 F1 2015 vids with a wheel? Or is it pad-only at the Microsoft XBox booth?
PUCHALT said:
Good morning.
1. They didn't say that. It just won't be 1080p
2. Not sure what you are saying here. But from what I'm hearing, the new handling system will reward precision more. The bigger the skill gap - the better in my view

So far so good IMO. The game looks good, hopefully AI and handling (as it's one thing watching and another experiencing it) are good enough. If they are - that's good enough for me. Hopefully we get a bit more sophisticated setups and some telemetry.

it does look visually amazing and very nxt-gen to me.

if someone can post 1 or 2 screen to compare with f1 2014 it quite obvious that the lighting is 100x way better and the details of the track are awesome and life like. Monaco looks absolutely  stunning & gorgeous. 

now the physics seem decent to me, looks to me it about precision, timing and finding the best breaking points that will reward you. mechanical grip has been fixed from what I see much more stable and grip in slower turns.

that said this look very promising to me. vey happy with what I saw so far.

mmpaw37 said:

@LiteralZero, Can you say whether its possible to disable the 'Auto-centering Steering' at all...?

You know, when you turn the steering wheel it stops where you put it, rather than return to the center...

THX!

Can you explain more what you mean? Someone asked this in the pcars forum too, but I don't get it? The steering should return to the center anyway, it would in real life.. I mean if you were driving making a turn and let go of your wheel it would center. It's basic physics, so this seems completely realistic to me? Maybe I am missing what your saying

Archived