Sign in to follow this  

Because we use a despicable online save system your career is reset

Well in between doing some volunteer work for the guys I've been taking a break with DR2. Stayed away up until now and a sale because I absolutely LOATHE online games, it's why I threw GT Sport in the trash 2 years ago. After a grueling (for me) real effort completing 2 events over several days and spending a lot of time tuning to make up my lack of experience I was 4th going into the 3rd event. Except the god awful online piece of garbage system this game uses decided to delete my career. No appeal. No local back up I can use.

I only ever play single player in every game I play.

I should have listened to all the warnings like I did for the last year.

ONLINE SAVES ARE PATHETIC UNLESS THEY ARE BACKUPS.

This 'career' mode is obviously broken I don't play online ever can I have a refund please or credits to a game that will let me play online? HINT: a carer is SUPPOSED to last a LONG TIME. 

DIS-GUSTED

PS IF I CAN get MY SAVE back you can disregard this post. I hope the devs can get a good idea of how this has ruined the game for me and my mood right now. I DON'T play games that dictate to me how I can save my games.

reset shit.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yup, there's nothing you can do about it... I recently lost an entire Masters' championship I was leading with only 8 stages left, won't be touching the career rally anytime soon...

Edited by Pompelo
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the replies guys, just noticed the server issue thread will post this in there too. Even though I feel despondent about it. I hate it when I buy a game after waiting a whole year because only now I can really afford it but I say to myself no worries at least it will be fully patched by now.... Then this happens and I look it up and it's not rare but super common! There should be a warning on the game purchase screen. WARNING. THIS GAME INSISTS ON UPLOADING SINGLE PLAYER RESULTS VIA THE INTERNET. DUE TO THIS INEFFICIENT POOR DESIGN YOUR GAME MAY NOT WORK AT ANY TIME AND ALL CAREER DATA MAY BE RESET WITHOUT WARNING.

Here we ******* go again. FOUR events in. Worked my ass off in rain and snow and this USELESS BROKEN career mode screws up again.

THIS

IS 

NOT

ACCEPTABLE!

dr2 career shit 2.png