Poll: What view do you drive with??

Poll: Driving View  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What view do you drive with??

• Wing
    • Nose
    • Cockpit
    • TV Pod
    • TV Pod Offset
    • Near Chase
    • Far Chase

3 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

How do people drive with tv pod offset

ikr? for me with this cam I lose sense of speed and i'm fell uncomfortable cuz I see less 

4 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Easy, I have more feeling in the car on the offset camera than on classic tv. As I can see the wheel and can rotate the car. But hey thats just me.

Posted (edited)

I play it different ways; when racing with the wheel I use cockpit cam, but often I feel like playing it more casually on the couch with the pad and use T-cam. It's like two entirely different games and I enjoy both ways just as much to be honest.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Cockpit

Edited by dwin20

Cockpit cam with halo column removed.

Do any of you cockpit racers leave the halo column enabled? And do you find it hard to race with?

2 hours ago, RyxProductions said:

Cockpit cam with halo column removed.

Do any of you cockpit racers leave the halo column enabled? And do you find it hard to race with?

I turn it off. If the game supported VR, I'd probably leave it on, but in "2D" on a monitor your eye can't naturally simulate to overlook it and just an unnecessary block in the view. I also don't have to worry about virtual debris hurting me 😄

23 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

On pad i actually always used offset.. dunno why 😛 gave me a better sense of perspective. 
But since i have a wheel it makes me nauseous and i use the normal tv-pod. 

Cockpit whenever vr becomes a thing tho 

23 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

I keep the halo on. You honestly don't see after a lap or two. 

I would love being able to make it transparent. I do like having it enabled but there's quite a few spots where it blocks the car in front or braking point entirely on straights, in real life this wouldn't happen as you can see through/past it with two eyes.

I use cockpit cam with hallo and only MDF to see strategy suggestion by my buddy Jeff and pit stop times, the rest turned off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

I use cockpit cam with hallo and only MDF to see strategy suggestion by my buddy Jeff and pit stop times, the rest turned off.

Same here. It's the most immersive and realistic approach. 

(If only there was VR or more customization options for Look To Apex and Cockpit Cam. Also, having not enough vital information on the steering wheel dashboard is also quite the bummer.)

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Same here. It's the most immersive and realistic approach. 

(If only there was VR or more customization options for Look To Apex and Cockpit Cam. Also, having not enough vital information on the steering wheel dashboard is also quite the bummer.)

Yeah, I got triple screen recently and my fov is amazing, and I have 2 LCD 7" screen, one for car dashboad and one for pit wall.

2020-04-24.png

• Like 1

I wish we had actual triple screen support. I think the current one is basically just stretched on the sides.

They also talked about starting to take a serious look at VR support for the upcoming future, so fingers crossed that it will be here within a couple of years (I like to be optimistic 😛 )

• Agree 1

Would br great, but what makes me angry is the when passing ton S/F line or pitlane, the mirrors are turned to down, like real car when engage reverse gear to parking, tilt down mirror.

I used cockpit cam for F1 2018, but moved back to TV Pod for this game. Might come back to cockpit cam though for F1 2020, we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EduCalza said:

Forgot to say the practice programs is enabled in HUD.

The one key new addition for using the cockpit view will be the virtual mirror! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

I use the view where all the other cars are in front of me lol. 😎

74 out of over 10,000... somehow I don't think they're in front of you.  :classic_cool: