Sign in to follow this  

Patch V 04.5 - The one with the Force Feedback

awesome but why do I get a message about previous patch (hillclimb) at login.  lol

You wont see it again. happened to me to.

I know have booted up the game several time now to find the right degrees for me.   :)
Still havent found it but as it is dinertime now for me it has to wait.
It's just made  me giggle when I saw it thats all.  :)

SO hoping it is like RBR now and evermore!

PLEASE ADD DISTANCES TO STAGE DESCRIPTIONS, for some strange reason, you never have the actual distances, like 10.2K or whatever, please add as it is very commion in real rally to know the freakin length!, duh JUSTBIGLEE
I have yet to try it, G27 wheel will like it I hope!
Will soon and respond then.
Kinggene

the update is not bad, just find that I need more feeling in asphalt, and especially the change from dry to wet and snow
My values for G27

Cranck said:

the update is not bad, just find that I need more feeling in asphalt, and especially the change from dry to wet and snow
My values for G27

Jeeesus christ you must have been eating your spinach. 

AAA666 said:

Just tried the new FFB but cant get any good feel with it. 

At start of the stage the wheel is completely loose and there is little or no center pull when driving straight like in a real car ? 

Anyone with a good setting for CSW ?

I have a CSW as well, I only got to test for a couple minutes on my lunch break and while it's much much better than original FFB I find there is a lack of feedback  on gravel or when driving straight.  I haven't messed with any of the sliders they are all at 100% when I tried it out.  Going to mess with it some more tonight and I'll post my settings.

just tried it.

pretty dam good even at default values. no need to endlessly tweak here.

Closest ive felt to the similarities of a real rally car.

Cranck said:

My values for G27

Jeeesus christ you must have been eating your spinach. 
dgeesi0 said:
:p no need to go to gym.
comparatively with a steering force to the EVO VIII with I ran, I find that my values are still soft

only thing, it feels great on gravel and I think the force from the friction between road and tyre Is perfect. But on tarmac imo is to hard to turn the wheel. I don't want to have to just decrease certain values justy for tarmac rallies.

does anyone agree?

the aligning torque on tarmac needs to be around 50-60.  They needs to be 2 settings imo.

I like to feel the road, with low values, the steering wheel is a pudding, it just feels nothing, and real rally car, I assure you end up with pain in the arms as you are well prepared.

in asphalt do not see the direction it hard, I need to feel bumpy, it is as if were newly paved asphalt

Msportdan said:

only thing, it feels great on gravel and I think the force from the friction between road and tyre Is perfect. But on tarmac imo is to hard to turn the wheel. I don't want to have to just decrease certain values justy for tarmac rallies.

does anyone agree?

the aligning torque on tarmac needs to be around 50-60.  They needs to be 2 settings imo.

Try turning down the Wheel Friction 5% at a time. That setting has the most effect on the wheel weight and how hard the wheel is to turn.

Tyre Friction also effects the wheel weight, but to a lesser extent.

I find setting the Wheel Aligning Torque to 65% works well for all surfaces.

Evilsmurf said:
Msportdan said:

does anyone agree?

Try turning down the Wheel Friction 5% at a time. That setting has the most effect on the wheel weight and how hard the wheel is to turn.

Tyre Friction also effects the wheel weight, but to a lesser extent.

I find setting the Wheel Aligning Torque to 65% works well for all surfaces.

You talk about the g27?

Its cool that they have the option to save the setup for ffb so if it turns out you do prefer different settings on tarmac you can just load the file like a vehicle setup. It wouldn't be ideal to need to switch but it's a lot easier than having to set it manually each time. 

Cranck said:
I like to feel the road, with low values, the steering wheel is a pudding, it just feels nothing, and real rally car, I assure you end up with pain in the arms as you are well prepared.

in asphalt do not see the direction it hard, I need to feel bumpy, it is as if were newly paved asphalt
I personally couldn't drive a rally car for the amount of hours I play this game. I can understand wanting realism but there's gotta be a limit at some point. I've already f*cked my back up lol. I doubt the internals of your wheel will appreciate the insanely high settings either, and if it's clipping it's pointless anyway. They gotta work with the limits of the hardware.

Hello fellow drivers!
I'm new here and i am playing with a wheel for a short time. These things are new for me.
I have a Thrustmaster T100 FFB it's the same as the Thrustmaster F430FFB, and i cannot see any difference between cars. My FFB is the same for all. Can anyone help me.
Thanks

Some feedback on the feedback, it feels great, I love the feeling of when you slide through a corner that your steering wheels tries to centre itself again, the handling with FFB feels fantastic! Thanks a lot Codies! :blush: 

Hello fellow drivers!
I'm new here and i am playing with a wheel for a short time. These things are new for me.
I have a Thrustmaster T100 FFB it's the same as the Thrustmaster F430FFB, and i cannot see any difference between cars. My FFB is the same for all. Can anyone help me.
Thanks

I not sure if the T100 is officially supported yet. Anyone else know? also with the T100 only having a rotational lock of 270 degrees I would make sure "Soft Lock" is set to off in the advanced controls. Your not going to need that. 

Is it just me or am I the only one who has to check the center spring and set it to 65%? Otherwise steering just feels like nothing, especially on tarmac, barely any feedback. I use a G27 with 540 degress and FFB-Vibration set to 100% in the InGame-Menus...

Does the center spring effect the new FFB? Without that it feels just totally wrong...no centering of the steering, no feedback of the roads.

Evilsmurf said:
Hello fellow drivers!
Thanks

I not sure if the T100 is officially supported yet. Anyone else know? also with the T100 only having a rotational lock of 270 degrees I would make sure "Soft Lock" is set to off in the advanced controls. Your not going to need that. 
Hello Evilsmurf!
Thanks for the reply :)
The game support my T100 cause it's the same as F430FFB. I will try that. 
I wanna feel everything in different cars as Codmasters said.
I'm gonna try it and let you know

Evilsmurf said:
Hello fellow drivers!
Thanks

Hello Evilsmurf!
I don't noticed any difference, Evilsmurf :(
It isn't supossed the cars feel different on the wheel? (forgive my bad English), Like older the car is the wheel feel heavier?

Congratulations to codemasters, a great job with this update has improved the management of infinitely car, now you can take advantage at the wheel, as well as earlier criticized that the game was not designed for the use of the wheel, now the truth is that transmitting feelings are infinitely better and to top it off every car has its angles personal and real twist.

I am sure that now can only get better. :)

Evilsmurf said:
Hello fellow drivers!
Thanks

Hello Evilsmurf!
It isn't supossed the cars feel different on the wheel? (forgive my bad English), Like older the car is the wheel feel heavier?

The cars feel different class to class, rather than each individual car if that makes sense? the RWD cars feel totally different to the 4wd cars.

That said, I can notice small differences between the cars but I think that has more to do with the quality of the wheel used and more rotation. The better the wheel, the more noticeable the small effects are.

The heavy feel of the wheel unfortunately tends to stay the same, as its set by wheel friction and tyre friction.

Hope this helps :)

Evilsmurf said:
Evilsmurf said:
Hello fellow drivers!
Thanks

Hello Evilsmurf!

The cars feel different class to class, rather than each individual car if that makes sense? the RWD cars feel totally different to the 4wd cars.

That said, I can notice small differences between the cars but I think that has more to do with the quality of the wheel used and more rotation. The better the wheel, the more noticeable the small effects are.

The heavy feel of the wheel unfortunately tends to stay the same, as its set by wheel friction and tyre friction.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, Evilsmurf!
My wheel is good but is not that good. It's not a Logitech, but i like it for the money i spent.
For wheel and tyre friction, my values are set to 0%. I don't know if i need that.
Thanks again for your help :)

This video tells what i'm feeling about ffb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nv09ySjtUY