A lap I did today for your viewing pleasure (PS4)-Video clip

Nice driving. Don't know how long I need to play the game before I'm driving as smoothly as this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scrogs said:

Nice driving. Don't know how long I need to play the game before I'm driving as smoothly as this. 

I got my first trophy in early March of this year, I got a wheel for Xmas so I really got into the game in early March I'd say. I however play quite a bit now. Hours a day. I've played alot of racing games before but with a controller. Just have to put in the time and you'll see results. I used to be horrible with classic cars but now I really enjoy them. You have to be more gentle on the throttle in turns in them though as they like to do the spinnaroo. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

I got my first trophy in early March of this year, I got a wheel for Xmas so I really got into the game in early March I'd say. I however play quite a bit now. Hours a day. I've played alot of racing games before but with a controller. Just have to put in the time and you'll see results. I used to be horrible with classic cars but now I really enjoy them. You have to be more gentle on the throttle in turns in them though as they like to do the spinnaroo. 

I'm still persevering with the controller and all driving assists on. I'm a bit of an old duffer ( in my sixties) and although I like the modern cars in the game, I absolutely love the classic cars. To the point that I wish there were some cars from the sixties like BRM in the game. Yes I like how I can coax the older cars around a circuit then bang!.......the back end comes round and wants to take over the front end. That's my fave era. Hill, Brabham, Clark, Rindt, Moss, Gurney, Hulme, Stewart et al. I love this sim/game.

I drive with "assists". I use ABS and TC medium. I've tried taking TC off but every other turn I'm facing the wrong way. Kudos to those that don't use it and are fast. Either way "assists" or not, being fast is a challenge. Some people act as if "assists" magically make you faster and if you do a better time they disregard it. I've seen for example in a time trial. There was a person who claimed to have the world record because the person ahead of him used those pesky assists. If it were easier, than I'm sure the second place person could just turn on assists and be first place no problem.

I currently see assists purely as a way and means of getting a more enjoyable driving experience. Even with assists on I'm finding it difficult to drive (only had the game for a week). I'm after an enjoyable driving experience rather than being competitive. Just to enjoy the cars, tracks, sounds and driving does it for me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scrogs said:

I currently see assists purely as a way and means of getting a more enjoyable driving experience. Even with assists on I'm finding it difficult to drive (only had the game for a week). I'm after an enjoyable driving experience rather than being competitive. Just to enjoy the cars, tracks, sounds and driving does it for me.

That's awesome. Definitely an enjoyable experience. I'm too competitive to enjoy it lol. Have fun.