Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Thrustmaster TX racing wheel not recognized as xbox device

My Thrustmaster TX Leather edition is not properly recognized. The Leather edition is the TX Wheel base with the TM 28 wheel. The game does come with a preset for the TM 28 wheel with Thrustmatter TX required.

Expected result: When connecting TX wheel base the game should show Green A, Red B, Yellow Y, blue X for the interface
Actual result: The game shows 9,10,3,5 on the interface
reproduce: simply connect the TX wheel base and start the game

Strangely the cheaper TMX does get recognized by the game as Xbox device
tmx.png.fc8223ff33b93d2c16b122af64840394.png

The TX is like this:

tx.png.dbfee872789fa49fbd46160921010204.png

Especially frustrating is that ingame options say you are not allowed to keybind menu navigation. So my situation is that I know I should use red B for back. My TM 28 wheel shows red B at the top right (button 9). However the ingame settings uses button 4 which is printed on the wheel as the xbox switch window button (!).

Specs:

TX wheel base (not working xbox UI): https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheelleather-en/

TMX wheel base (working xbox UI): https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tmxforcefeedback-en/

DxDiag.txt

hardwaresettings.zip

Edited by exchequer
  • Like 1

I'm just going to suggest that you've tried the firmware update for the TX as I can see the driver is the latest. But as you've linked the support pages, you have probably passed due diligence.

My only remark is that issue should have been flagged earlier if it were so (not suggesting you are wrong, just surprised no one has mentioned it).

Please disconnect the controllers and delete any custom control schema within the game. Shut down the game.

Remove the Thrustmaster drivers using Geek Uninstaller.

Restart the PC, install the driver. Connect ONLY the TX base. Test for correct operation in the Thrustmaster CP.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and launch the game, post back with your findings.

Hi Steviejay,

I'm not happy with that advice because it's so much effort to setup :P.

But when I check youtube for a TX I sometimes see proper xbox support

I guess I will try to screenshot all settings.

16 hours ago, exchequer said:

Hi Steviejay,

I'm not happy with that advice because it's so much effort to setup :P.

I guess I will try to screenshot all settings.

It's your wheel and your frustration, the solution is up to you. I can't help if you don't try the suggestions.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, steviejay69 said:

I'm just going to suggest that you've tried the firmware update for the TX as I can see the driver is the latest. But as you've linked the support pages, you have probably passed due diligence.

My only remark is that issue should have been flagged earlier if it were so (not suggesting you are wrong, just surprised no one has mentioned it).

Please disconnect the controllers and delete any custom control schema within the game. Shut down the game.

Remove the Thrustmaster drivers using Geek Uninstaller.

Restart the PC, install the driver. Connect ONLY the TX base. Test for correct operation in the Thrustmaster CP.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and launch the game, post back with your findings.

• I deleted all entries from the ingame controller page
  • I disconnected all controllers
  • I shut down the game
  • I removed the drivers
  • I restarted the game to be sure
  • I rebooted
  • I downloaded the drivers from the thrustmaster website
  • I installed the drivers
  • I rebooted again
  • I connected the wheel as requested
  • I tested (OK)
  • I went to my games and deleted the hardware xml from the folder
  • I started the game

Unfortunately I am still not getting xbox recognized controls. Also tried deleting hardware_settings_info.xml and restarting the game.

Is there a a way I can file a ticket directly with codemasters? Maybe they broke this wheel in a patch.

Edited by exchequer
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for following the advice @exchequer. Can you try verifying your game files in Steam and giving it one last try?

If this still doesn't work (in the light of little feedback from other TX users) I would contact the developer liaison f1beta@codemasters.com and send a link to this thread.

I see little chance of this issue being addressed in the F1 2019 patch cycle, but they should be able to ensure it is correct for F1 2020.

Until then, there's always this (and £shop stickers to put near the buttons);

Untitled.png

Sorry I can't help more.

Edited by steviejay69

Hi, no problem thanks for your advise.

Steam is reporting back: all files successfully validated. No files were replaced. I will send the email :).

• Agree 1