Does anyone know what is the most important thing of the new setups after the 2020 update. Is it right that only lightweight is important now? 

Posted (edited)

Aero, power and some brake.  Not sure about lightweight as you can't take corner fast anymore.

Edited by mobileracingfan

Icons in the setups under the numbers seem too change in different positions everytime I log in to the game. The move around in random order.

2 hours ago, Game4ce said:

Icons in the setups under the numbers seem too change in different positions everytime I log in to the game. The move around in random order.

Yes. They show the different categorization of tracks (and hence, the required setups): Balanced, High Speed, High Downforce. 

2 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

What exactly is "high downforce"?  Aero in this game means less downforce LOL.

I does not say that in the in game  Help bit.  It says " AERO: Increasing your car's aerodynamic efficiency improves its vertical load, therefore giving your acceleration levels a boost."

In reality Aero increases drag but in F1M it appears to improve acceleration.  It also probably makes DRS more noticeable. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, Aero makes the DRS a lot more effective.

About High Downforce, only street circuits (with no emphasis on speed and aero) have that requirement. I changed my setups and the moment I compromised on aero, power and lightweight and increased by braking and importantly handling to ~500, the icon of my setup automatically changed to the 'high downforce' icon. 

Although, I wouldn't use this in Baku. Baku should be classified as a high-speed circuit (so do Spa and Suzuka instead of Balanced). I clocked better lap times using "High Speed" setup at Baku, Spa and Suzuka than I did with "High Downforce" or "Balanced" respectively as the stated circuit requirements.

Makes me think are these classifications even helpful?

Edited by StoicSouthpaw

The icon changes every time I log back into the game even though setup not changes. I think high downforce and balanced cannot make up their minds....