Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia owners - how do you run your screen in F1 2019

Posted (edited)

So, as some of you may or may not know I have two PC builds that I am using on the F1 series. One build is with an Nvidia GPU (6GB GTX1060).

When playing in multiplayer sessions I am experiencing what I would like to describe as frame-rate issues but the frame rates do not drop. The gameplay does not stutter (often) or tear but playing is not as smooth an experience as with my AMD GPU (RX580 8GB - actually a flashed RX480). ALT-TAB in and out is ineffective.

So, the questions I would like feedback on are;

• Do you have a G-SYNC compatible monitor (Yes/No)?
  • How do you connect to your display (DP/HDMI/DVI/D-SUB)?
  • What is the refresh rate of your screen (144+/120/100/75+/60)?
  • V-SYNC (Yes/No)?
  • Framelimiter (external tuner or use in-game option) (Yes/No)?
  • Video mode (Fullscreen exclusive/Windowed (Fullscreen))?
  • Desktop refresh rate (I'll leave this open to answer seeing as it does make a difference for me at least)? 
  • Nvidia Control Panel sync mode?

The problem is not present in Offline mode, just multiplayer. But depending on answers, I may not need more questions (yet).

Edited by steviejay69
Poll removed.
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@steviejay69 you should add this poll in General Discussion
you will get more response there
i think

Edited by massa88

Just now, massa88 said:

@steviejay69 you should add this poli in General Discussion
you will get more response there
i think

That's not a bad shout. If a moderator could move or pin it that would be smashing. @UP100 @1512marcel? (Even delete the superfluous poll if need be?)

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

That's not a bad shout. If a moderator could move or pin it that would be smashing. @UP100 @1512marcel? (Even delete the superfluous poll if need be?)

Moved 🙂 

You should be able to remove the poll yourself by editing the thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Moved 🙂 

You should be able to remove the poll yourself by editing the thread.

Remove question (3 times) was not the expected way but cheers!

• Like 1

Hi Stevie,

Experience the same issue over here for months. MSI laptop, 1050TI graphics card an integrated HD graphics 630. External monitor connected with DP(1080, 144Hz). Playing in full screen, dx 12. No v-sync of framelimiter active. No g-sync ofcourse because of the Intel HD graphics. 

Offline no problems.

• Thanks 1

Don't know if NVIDIA related but lately I've had game freezes in online. GTX 1660 Super, FreeSync Monitor 1080p144Hz, fullscreen windowed, DX12, no VSYNC. My game has always ran perfectly. Example below.

https://streamable.com/pp9pvw

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

frame-rate issues but the frame rates do not drop

What you are describing sound a lot like Frametime issues to me.
So, if you run the game at a locked 60 fps, in a best case scenario, every single frame out of those 60 is display for 16,6667ms

(1sec = 100ms | 100ms/60fps = 16,667ms)

In some cases, like yours I presume, the frame time of some frames could be off. It happens when the gpu has difficulties reaching 60fps and then it ends up showing one frame for longer than usual because it has to wait longer for the next frame. 

As to why it is caused, that could be anything and I'm afraid I can't help you there a lot mate, you know I have an AMD gpu that runs fine. It's weird though that it only happens in Multiplayer.
Maybe Multiplayer is more demanding on the Hardware?

But I would at least try the following:
- reduce your graphics settings and see if it helps (especially try lowering the resolution);
- turn off v-sync AND g-sync and then see if it helps,
- try one of those good ol' clean driver re-installs.

• Thanks 1

Just to let you know I have a RTX 2080 graphics and have had no end of issues with frame rate, stutter, lag etc. I tried everything to get the damn thing to work as it should.

Then by chance I used DDU to uninstall all graphics drivers and Geforce Experience. I reinstalled just the driver and ever since have had no issue with frame rate etc since. Just a thought

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LSKone said:

So, if you run the game at a locked 60 fps, in a best case scenario, every single frame out of those 60 is display for 16,6667ms

In some cases, like yours I presume, the frame time of some frames could be off. It happens when the gpu has difficulties reaching 60fps and then it ends up showing one frame for longer than usual because it has to wait longer for the next frame. 

As to why it is caused, that could be anything and I'm afraid I can't help you there a lot mate, you know I have an AMD gpu that runs fine. It's weird though that it only happens in Multiplayer.

- reduce your graphics settings and see if it helps (especially try lowering the resolution);

Yeah already done.

I run MEDIUM preset.

99Hz (100FPS) which is only respected when desktop is synced to same refresh.

V-SYNC is ON as recommended by Freesync, the monitor is not G-SYNC compatible.

I use Display Port. 

I have tried FastSync in NVCPL or Application controlled.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

So, as some of you may or may not know I have two PC builds that I am using on the F1 series. One build is with an Nvidia GPU (6GB GTX1060).

When playing in multiplayer sessions I am experiencing what I would like to describe as frame-rate issues but the frame rates do not drop. The gameplay does not stutter (often) or tear but playing is not as smooth an experience as with my AMD GPU (RX580 8GB - actually a flashed RX480). ALT-TAB in and out is ineffective.

So, the questions I would like feedback on are;

• Do you have a G-SYNC compatible monitor (Yes/No)?
  • How do you connect to your display (DP/HDMI/DVI/D-SUB)?
  • What is the refresh rate of your screen (144+/120/100/75+/60)?
  • V-SYNC (Yes/No)?
  • Framelimiter (external tuner or use in-game option) (Yes/No)?
  • Video mode (Fullscreen exclusive/Windowed (Fullscreen))?
  • Desktop refresh rate (I'll leave this open to answer seeing as it does make a difference for me at least)? 
  • Nvidia Control Panel sync mode?

The problem is not present in Offline mode, just multiplayer. But depending on answers, I may not need more questions (yet).

gtx 1060 here. (6gb) I experience them sometimes randomly, and often when someone joins or leaves the lobby but that is, i think, another issue. 

No g-sync (60 hz plebmonitor) 
I connect through DVI (Plebmonitor like i said) 
60 hz
No v-sync. (it gives me input lag) 
Frame limit is 120
Fullscreen
60 hz (The thing can't do anything else)
application controlled (so off)

Edited by Bicarda
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LSKone said:

The thing is that it's actually not just a graphics thingy, but the whole simulation stops for a bit, hence why people can jump back a bit when it happens. (visually for other people, because it takes them a fraction of a second to receive the news that it happened) and you lose time in quali laps.

2 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

The thing is that it's actually not just a graphics thingy, but the whole simulation stops for a bit, hence why people can jump back a bit when it happens. (visually for other people, because it takes them a fraction of a second to receive the news that it happened) and you lose time in quali laps.

Yeah that sounds fishy. As I mentioned, it doesn't happen for me so I really don't know what you guys might be experiencing.
@CardConvict mentioned that a Driver reinstall with DDU did help him, so maybe it is a driver thing in the end after all.

28 minutes ago, LSKone said:

Yeah that sounds fishy. As I mentioned, it doesn't happen for me so I really don't know what you guys might be experiencing.
@CardConvict mentioned that a Driver reinstall with DDU did help him, so maybe it is a driver thing in the end after all.

I'll try it. I have a league race at 1900 BST so I can DDU and Clean Install 446.14. I did clean build to 18363 recently on the machine but definitely 445.87 was clean as I had another RX480 in the build (20.1.3 was DDUed). Currently I updated to 446.14 from 445.87 but I will test and probably DDU again. It's unlikely IMO to be this, but leave no stone unturned.

I wasn't getting the crashing in 445.87 that others were reporting. The other F1 series game I'm playing is only offline if you catch my drift, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

41 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

gtx 1060 here. (6gb) I experience them sometimes randomly, and often when someone joins or leaves the lobby but that is, i think, another issue. 

I also have this on online races

Gtx 1060 6 GB 

12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have a G-SYNC compatible monitor Yes

• How do you connect to your display DP
  • What is the refresh rate of your screen 165
  • V-SYNC No
  • Framelimiter (external tuner or use in-game option) No
  • Video mode Fullscreen exclusive
  • Desktop refresh rate 165
  • application controlled on

as you even kwow, i've the same problem since the first update to 445.87 and after a clean install 444.98, even in multiplayer

gtx 980 titan sli with 16GB

before the first crashes with the 445.87 i was able to play the multiplayer with high settings and up to 140-160 fps, for now i have to play with low settings to reach the same fps and a reasonably stable

gameplay. sometimes there is a little stuttering

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sven_is_back said:

gtx 980 titan sli with 16GB

Does F1 even support SLI now?

If you have the configuration, is there a way of making sure that only 1 GPU is selected?

Also, Nvidia users are reporting general lower performance with 446.14 (maybe 1-3%) across MOST games.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:41 PM, steviejay69 said:

I'll try it. I have a league race at 1900 BST so I can DDU and Clean Install 446.14. I did clean build to 18363 recently on the machine but definitely 445.87 was clean as I had another RX480 in the build (20.1.3 was DDUed). Currently I updated to 446.14 from 445.87 but I will test and probably DDU again. It's unlikely IMO to be this, but leave no stone unturned.

I wasn't getting the crashing in 445.87 that others were reporting. The other F1 series game I'm playing is only offline if you catch my drift, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

For me it wasn't the actual driver but Geforce Force Experience for some reason. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

22 minutes ago, CardConvict said:

For me it wasn't the actual driver but Geforce Force Experience for some reason. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

I updated to 446.14 and it was better, but the lobby was only 16 players. I actually didn't have time to DDU.

Been messing with 20H1 (2004) but restored the image back so I can play online again, May be a full lobby.

14 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Does F1 even support SLI now?

If you have the configuration, is there a way of making sure that only 1 GPU is selected?

Also, Nvidia users are reporting general lower performance with 446.14 (maybe 1-3%) across MOST games.

Yes, F1 Support SLI think. Even Nvidia support F1 with SLI settings

I don't know if there is an option to select only 1 GPU.

Today i've had 5 chrashes in game with ego dumper report.

So I DDU the new driver and go back to 445.98

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sven_is_back said:

Yes, F1 Support SLI think. Even Nvidia support F1 with SLI settings

I don't know if there is an option to select only 1 GPU.

Today i've had 5 chrashes in game with ego dumper report.

So I DDU the new driver and go back to 445.98

Well 450.99 is crashing in W10 20H1 v2004 so it looks like another wave of ***** from Nvidia - but I raced with 446.14 tonight and it was OK, but only 13 in the lobby.

Switched to OBS for a test recording to see if offloading the frames to the iGPU was worthwhile. Video quality is about the same but so is the framerate. iGPU only HD2500 whereas the i7-4790K had HD4600.

Edited by steviejay69

On 5/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, steviejay69 said:

Well 450.99 is crashing in W10 20H1 v2004 so it looks like another wave of ***** from Nvidia - but I raced with 446.14 tonight and it was OK, but only 13 in the lobby.

Switched to OBS for a test recording to see if offloading the frames to the iGPU was worthwhile. Video quality is about the same but so is the framerate. iGPU only HD2500 whereas the i7-4790K had HD4600.

the last two days i've done a clean install of windows and all programs. now i want to play the game and the same issue is still there. egodumper crash when i start the game, sometimes i can play some minutes but than it is still crashing.

i hate this gpu driver ....

1 hour ago, sven_is_back said:

the last two days i've done a clean install of windows and all programs. now i want to play the game and the same issue is still there. egodumper crash when i start the game, sometimes i can play some minutes but than it is still crashing.

i hate this gpu driver ....

To make it clear, I was using 450.99 with F1 2019 and Ego Dumper crashes were on EVERY exit of the game. Didn't try 446.14 on 2004, but it's stable on 1909. However, I don't get crashes with 445.87 either and plenty do.

I’ve 2004 and 445.87. Every exit I get the ego dumper crash notification. 

Sounds like Nvidia is putting some of its favourite "Bloatware" in the recent updates which makes your pc to crash in order to ensure that you upgrade your graphics cards.

They know that older cards with SLI are still powerful enough for many games and they don't like that people wait too long to upgrade.

If there is no SLI support on F1 2020, I will not buy it as I will definitely not please Nvidia and buy a new PC with one of their newer cards.

The key with Nvidia is to find a software version that works and then cancel all automatic updates and remove their Nvidia inspector from your files. Since I did that, my PC doesn't crash anymore.