Sign in to follow this  

Share Your Wheel Settings Here

These are the settings I started out with, I use a Logitech G27. This set gives a very strong feed back, you will get a workout!!

LOGITECH PROFILER GLOBAL SETTINGS

Overall effect strength 100%

Spring effect strength 100%

Damper effect strength 100%%

Uncheck "Enable centrering spring" (I have never used this, some do. Try it and see?)

Centre spring strength 0%

Uncheck "Report combined pedals"

Degrees of rotation 540

Check "Allow game to adjust settings"

(In game settings)

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS

All set at default.

Soft lock - OFF

VIBRATION AND FEEDBACK

Self aligning torque 85%

wheel friction 90%

Tyre friction 50%

Suspension 25% (Not a huge fan of the wheel vibrating on the gravel stages, personal taste)

Tyre slip 50%

Collision 0% (I generally know when I hit something and don't like the added wheel vibration, personal taste) 

Soft lock 100% (mute point as I have soft lock off anyway)

I now use these settings as I find it a good balanced set up for all cars and surfaces without needing to go for a nap after an hours play :)

Uncheck "Enable centrering spring" (I have never used this, some do. Try it and see?)

Degrees of rotation 540

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS

All set at default.

Soft lock - OFF

VIBRATION AND FEEDBACK

Self aligning torque 65%

wheel friction 10%

Tyre friction 10%

Suspension 35% (Not a huge fan of the wheel vibrating on the gravel stages, personal taste)

Tyre slip 60%

Collision 25%

Soft lock 70% (only applicable if you have soft lock turned on)

These are my settings and I will most likely tweak and change them as the weeks go by, FFB is a personal thing so I wont be upset if you all think I crazy with these settings  

As for mods, the only mod on my setup is a the Nixim brake pedal mod for the G27.

Please try and remember that if you use to high a setting in all the vibration and feedback settings, you will end up with all the separate effects over righting each other on your wheel and it will feel rubbish. It's about balancing the effects you feel matter most to you, and give you the best feeling.

Evilsmurf said:

These are the settings I started out with, I use a Logitech G27. This set gives a very strong feed back, you will get a workout!!

Degrees of rotation 540

(In game settings)

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS

All set at default.

Soft lock - OFF

VIBRATION AND FEEDBACK

Self aligning torque 85%

wheel friction 90%

Tyre friction 50%

Suspension 25% (Not a huge fan of the wheel vibrating on the gravel stages, personal taste)

Tyre slip 50%

Collision 0% (I generally know when I hit something and don't like the added wheel vibration, personal taste) 

Soft lock 100% (mute point as I have soft lock off anyway)

I now use these settings as I find it a good balanced set up for all cars and surfaces without needing to go for a nap after an hours play :)

Degrees of rotation 540

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS

All set at default.

Soft lock - OFF

VIBRATION AND FEEDBACK

Self aligning torque 65%

wheel friction 10%

Tyre friction 10%

Suspension 35% (Not a huge fan of the wheel vibrating on the gravel stages, personal taste)

Tyre slip 60%

Collision 25%

Soft lock 70% (only applicable if you have soft lock turned on)

These are my settings and I will most likely tweak and change them as the weeks go by, FFB is a personal thing so I wont be upset if you all think I crazy with these settings  

As for mods, the only mod on my setup is a the Nixim brake pedal mod for the G27.

Please try and remember that if you use to high a setting in all the vibration and feedback settings, you will end up with all the separate effects over righting each other on your wheel and it will feel rubbish. It's about balancing the effects you feel matter most to you, and give you the best feeling.

What saturation setting do you use? Not sure what the default value is!

Evilsmurf said:
All default saturation.
Haha, well that didn't help as I don't know what default value is :) If it works like before, let's say default is 50%, then you only use 50% of the 540 degrees you have set up in the drivers.

Don't know why someone would set a figure in the driver profile, then change the saturation in game to alter the driver profile setting... Would it not just be easier to set the lower/higher figure in the driver profile to begin with??

Makes no sense to me... :)

Evilsmurf said:

Don't know why someone would set a figure in the driver profile, then change the saturation in game to alter the driver profile setting... Would it not just be easier to set the lower/higher figure in the driver profile to begin with??

I agree, but this was the case in the beginning, I think saturation was set at 50 by default and there was no real explanation what the value actually did. To be honest, I'm not even sure why they kept that setting at all now with the new FFB and added options :)

Hmm disabling the center spring thing removed all resistance in turning the wheel... so I put it back on. I simply must have resistance in the wheel when driving - the more the better - as in my opinion it helps precision.

Evilsmurf said:

BTW, what you describe there is exactly what I did pre patch. When driving the modern cars I want 540 and the older 720, so I used 900 in drivers and switched between 60 and 70% in the saturation setting. So in that case it was actually helpful ;)

Does anyone know If you have to reset the force feedback XML to original before downloading the patch if you tried the settings people at race department (or something) were recommending shortly after release? I have downloaded the patch but not

bogani said:
Evilsmurf said:

BTW, what you describe there is exactly what I did pre patch. When driving the modern cars I want 540 and the older 720, so I used 900 in drivers and switched between 60 and 70% in the saturation setting. So in that case it was actually helpful ;)

Ah, I see. that actually makes a lot of sense :)

Benniz said:
Does anyone know If you have to reset the force feedback XML to original before downloading the patch if you tried the settings people at race department (or something) were recommending shortly after release? I have downloaded the patch but not

Nope, just let it update and all should be good. :)